nt8 keeps opening default End of Day workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt8 keeps opening default End of Day workspace

I created a new Workspace and made it active. But NT still opens the Default EOD workspace as the first one. I tried even to remove the workspace (in NT or manual file) . Every time NT recreates it and open first. Any help?

Thanks

Petr

I would not expect a deleted or closed workspace to open on startup.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Does anything else unexpected occur during startup? For example, are you prompted with a login screen, or a pop up to migrate from NinjaTrader 7?

Please walk me through the exact steps you take when you remove the workspace.

Please also walk me through the exact steps you take when you shut down and save NinjaTrader.

Comment

NT version: 8.0.15.1 64-bit
      No other error or anything noteable
      1. I click NT icon
      2. Got starting flash screon
      3. Then I select Kinetic free EOD version

That's it.

Closing down>
      1. I click on the cross in top right corner
      2. Got a window to Save workspace or all...
      3. Select any save option - I tried to save only my new workspace or Save all

Petr

Comment

Please clarify - when you say that you "select Kinetic free EOD version", are you doing this from the 'Get connected' screen? Or are you selecting the connection once the Control Center loads from the Connection menu?

Comment

Get Connected screen

Comment

This is occurring because connecting from the 'Get connected' screen is not intended to be used more than once. It is expected that you will be establishing some form of non built-in connection after you get past this page. For example, a futures demo feed.

To avoid what you're experiencing, once you've reached the Control Center, click 'Skip' on the 'Get connected' screen. Once the Control Center loads, you can use the Connections list to select the Kinetick end-of-day free feed.

Are you planning on only using the Kinetick end-of-day free connection? Or do you have a broker/data provider in mind? The Kinetick end-of-day free connection on supplies daily data which does not update in real-time. Are you interesting in receive real-time intraday day? If you tell me what instruments you're interested in viewing in NinjaTrader, I may be able to provide you with a connection which you can use.

While this is the current expected behavior, I can absolutely relate to how this is not ideal. I've submitted this to the Development Team for review (internal tracking ID = TS-1895) so they may potentially change this behavior.

Comment

Thank you Patrick,
              It works as described :-). I plan to use End of Day connection for the near future. So I don't need any other data right now.

regards

Petr

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post aa731
              by aa731