Saving chart settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving chart settings

Why can’t I view my chart settings? I saved it under workspace, but next time I tried to open my chart settings via clicking on the name I saved under workspace it doesn’t open my chart. So, I end up creating new chart from tool every time I sign in/connecting . Am I doing something wrong? Please advise. Also, is commissions taken out after each time I trade or is it taken out monthly from my account? Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Could the following have happened? Upon closing down the software you closed the charts and other windows part of workspace. Subsequently when prompted to save your workspace, you clicked Yes or Yes to all. This caused your workspace to save without the charts and other windows, since they were closed.

This can happen if you shut down NinjaTrader via the Windows task bar. If you right click NinjaTrader in the Windows task bar and select Close, it will close all charts and other windows first and subsequently you will be prompted to save your workspaces. If you now click Yes, it will be saved without the charts and other windows.

You can restore your workspace if you have a backup file that contains your workspace saved with your charts and other windows. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Restore to restore any backup files you may have.

If not, unfortunately, you will need to rebuild the workspace.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am a new user and have been constantly saving to my workspaces as I have been building charts and adding windows. I followed your instructions above before closing and saved everything before prompted to close. However, when I restart N8T, everything is gone. How do I get my charts back and prevent this from happening? What is going on here?

Comment

Hello fishertodd,

Can you please tell me how exactly you shut down NinjaTrader. Do you click the X in the upper right corner of the Control Center or do you shut down NinjaTrader from the Windows taskbar?

Could it be the charts are minimized? Do you see the charts in the Windows taskbar?

I suggest to restore your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature. Please complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
        1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
        2. Select "Restore workspace"
        3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
        4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
        5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.
        Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes