Volumetric Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Bars

While using Volumetric Bars on a chart if you change the time frame from the tool bar it only changes the time frame not the volumetric bars. Why is that? Maybe in a future version have volumetric bar time frames in the tool bar too?
    Thank you.

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your note.

If you select the interval menu on top of the chart and select Configure, you may add Voluemetric intervals for future use. The entire menu is customizable to your preferences.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I am not sure if that is possible. I did not see an option to add a volumetric bar.
      Thank you.

Comment

I am able to add custom volumetric intervals. Here is a video of how to add a custom volumetric interval:

However, there is a visual glitch:

Notice that the custom interval does switch appropriately when selected, however, it does not visually appear correctly in the interval selector. I have reported this to the Development Team. The interval tracking number is QA-4081.

Comment

Thanks. I was trying to add it in a wrong way. I do see that only a number 1 shows up for the Volumetric Intervals selected.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            I am able to add custom volumetric intervals. Here is a video of how to add a custom volumetric interval:

However, there is a visual glitch:

Notice that the custom interval does switch appropriately when selected, however, it does not visually appear correctly in the interval selector. I have reported this to the Development Team. The interval tracking number is QA-4081.
            Was this glitch fixed in the last release of NT 8?
            Thank you.

Comment

It turns out that this is the expected behavior with any 'exotic' bar type. For example, this would occur with Line Break as well. The solution is:
              • When configuring the custom interval, there is a 'label' property
              • Change this property from @VALUE to @BASEBARSPERIODVALUE
              I find this to be quite 'clunky' for a solution, so I am submitting a feature request on your behalf to the Development Team to make custom exotic interval selector display to be more intuitive/automatic. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3597. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-23-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                11 responses