Historic data not refreshing/missing, historic data download not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historic data not refreshing/missing, historic data download not working

Hi, I've been having an issue with charts missing data while my data connection is offline, this itself is not a significant issue, as I can force the charts to reload historic data in the right-click menu, and usually this works and the chart then displays all the data that was missing.

This issue is compounded however when reloading all historic does not fill the gap, and further still when I use the Import>historic data>Download and try to recover the missing data that way, as the download form options grey-out when I hit download as expected, but frequently doesn't display the download message at the bottom right of the window, essentially the download operation starts, but never downloads anything, so the window options remain grey and the window can only be closed, the only fix for this last issue is to restart NT8.

If anyone has a fix for these issues please let me know.
    Thanks

Hello Audiofail,

Thank you for your post.

It is expected that you would not be able to receive live market data while you are not connected to a live data provider.

Additionally the download option would also be expected to be grayed out as you are not connected to a live data provider in order to download data from them.

Please connect to your live data feed provider then reload historical data in order to get the latest market data in your charts. Additionally if you are unable to load live data in these charts you'll need to contact your broker directly to confirm your account is enabled for the data you're trying to view.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, unfortunately I am attempting to download the data while connected, if I wasn't, NT would throw an error to say so, and wouldn't get to the stage where the options are greyed out.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my OP, but the main issue is that: when the connection is established in the morning, some charts will not retreive the missing overnight data, and some will. When charts are not able to retreive the overnight data, the historic data also cannot be downloaded with data>import>historic, where the operation will start, but never download anything, or complete.

Comment

Hello Audiofail,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
        • What is your NinjaTrader license Key? You will find this under Help -> License Key
        • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        • Who is your broker?
        • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-20, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
        • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Along with these answers please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Please enter the answers to these items in the message filed and ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2602643 ATTN Heath

Thank you I'll await your message.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        1 response