• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT trade account balance completely wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT trade account balance completely wrong

I entered a trade today in CADJPY on a 10,000 lot. The program account balance sheet immediately showed me having a unrealized balance of -$42,000. I got out of the trade immediately making the trade flat. I checked my realized profit and it showed the trade down by my commission on a round turn however my realized profit shows the account down -$42K.. I checked with my broker and they confirmed I got out of the trade only having lost cost of commissions. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hello Jconstable,
    Thanks for your post.

Sounds like something is going on with your database. Try resetting the database with the instructions below.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Connections > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
    • Press "Reset DB"
    • Check Historical Orders to remove historical orders
    • Check Historical Trades to remove historical trades
    • Press the "Reset" button
    JoshNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I took your advice and followed instructions but am still having data base problems. I am looking at a YM 30 minute chart and it is now 2 hours and 8 minutes after open. I should be showing 4 bars after the opening bar but am actually only showing 3 bars. ES, NQ and RTY are all correct. Another anomaly is that when I save a file it does not appear to take because when I reopen NT the saved info may or may not be there. TIA

Comment

Lets try something else then. Lets rename the database and create a fresh one.
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
        If this does not resolve the issue I'd like for you to send me an email to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com
        Put RE:Josh in the subject line and include your log and trace files. You can do this by following the steps below.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Thanks that did clear up the YM bar problem. I realize you know this but how do I recover my accounts information, they are all missing. TIA

Comment

Do you mean all of your trade performance data?

Comment

No I was referring to account information including passwords and such for live accounts.

Comment

No it appears to be all here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by tpdk2012, Today, 12:51 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post tpdk2012  
                Started by simonerg, Today, 12:13 AM
                0 responses