X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript asseblies

I have three Ninja script assemblies that I do not know what they do

They are Autofac,NewtonsoftJson and Nlog

from what I can see they are something to do with NET Core, ASP.NET Core ?

Do I need them ?

Thanks

Last edited by fredfred; 06-18-2020, 04:24 AM.

Hi fredfred, thanks for your question.

Yes, those .dlls are needed by some third party addon you have installed, often referred to as a dependency. If you remove them NinjaTrader would return a message similar to "Unable to Locate x.dll, are you missing a reference or assembly"

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I install I get this error message

2020-06-16 18:05:51:812|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.AddOnBase' from assembly 'NinjaTrader.Custom': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
      2020-06-16 18:05:51:812|0|4|Unable to load custom assembly: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Once installed it never re appears. I do not know what it means as it doesn't say what is missing ?

Comment

Hi fredfred, thanks for the follow up.

It seems there is something referenced in the NinjaTrader.Custom dll that does not exist anymore. Try this: Close out of NinjaTrader, then go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom, and delete NinjaTrader.Custom.dll and NinjaTrader.Custom.xml, then restart NinjaTrader. Check if the error message still shows up.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Chris

OK I have done what you suggested and will check it out next time I re-install as the error only occurs then.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi Chris

I have carried out your instructions and re-installed Ninatrader and still getting this error ?

2020-06-17 21:11:29:128|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.AddOnBase' from assembly 'NinjaTrader.Custom': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
            2020-06-17 21:11:29:128|0|4|Unable to load custom assembly: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

The reason for trying to solve this problem is that Ninja Trader just freezes after 30 minutes or so running, and I am trying to find out why ?

how can you access this " Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. " ?

I have tried running in safe mode and when no indicators are present, Ninjatrader does not freeze.
            The Indicators I have been using have been updated and have been used for years without problem.
            I am trying to find out why I am getting the above problem and get rid of it to eliminate it as a source of the problem ?

The trouble started when I updated to 8.0.22.1 and I have updated to 8.0.22.2 and still having freezing problems after about half an hour of running ?
            Last edited by fredfred; 06-18-2020, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Hi fredfred, thanks for your reply.

The LoaderExceptions has to do with the reflection used to load indicator objects, so there's nothing and end-user could get out of that. You will need to try a new workspace to ensure its not the workspace that is still trying to load with an error. If that does not work, you would need to test with a clean NinjaTrader 8 folder in the documents.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by Aviram Y, 08-09-2023, 09:04 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes