Making the labels blank in the chart but not the dialog box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the labels blank in the chart but not the dialog box

I'm trying to make the labels disappear on the chart but not in the dialog box for indicators. How do I do that?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To remove the text, please right click on the chart > select Indicators.

Each plotted indicator will list in the lower left of this window. Select an indicator > remove the text entered for the "Label" field to the right. Repeat the process for each plotted indicator > press OK.
    Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#Taddypole - there is a long-overdue Feature Request for stopping what I refer to as 'War and Peace' appearing BY DEFAULT taking up screen real estate pointlessly. FWIW may I ask that you ask for your Vote to be added to that request.
      You might also want to be aware that if you remove the Label text per #EricB then Save the Indicator Default template doing so will save you having to repeatedly remove the Label text every time.
      Also, IIRC, putting the text in Quotes in the Label text field, rather than removing the text, does something else that may be relevant in this context, can't recall what I'm afraid though, perhaps keeps the name but doesn't display it.

Comment

In the attachment I show where I have removed the label for the indicator in the dialog box for that indicator but in the listing of all indicators applied to the chart, there is no text making it very difficult to know which indicator i'm looking at.

I'm trying to remove the labels so they don't show on the chart. It's very annoying. I can do this in Ninja 7 and it works fine.
        Attached Files

Comment

Taddypole , it looks like the indicators experiencing the blank name in the Indicators window are all custom indicators. I notice EMA doesn't seem to behave this way. I'd recommend reaching out to the developer of the add-on to alert them of this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred