Setting preferred connections for market data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting preferred connections for market data

The example under Configuration-Options-Market data-Multiple connections shows an example of connecting to Continuum first, then to Kinetick, but this is the opposite of what I've done for years to get Kinetick historical as well as real-time data. Is this an error or doesn't it matter when you've set preferences?

Here is the entire example for reference:
    Example 1:

1.Connect to a NinjaTrader Continuum broker technology first

2.Connect to a Kinetick data feed second

NinjaTrader Continuum only supports futures, so all futures data would come from that connection, but if you tried to pull stock data, NinjaTrader would pull that data from Kinetick.
    That example is meant to demonstrate what would occur if you connect in that order, not necessarily to demonstrate what is right or wrong.

If your goal is to receive real-time and historical data from Kinetick, then connecting to Kinetick first is correct. This is the exact scenario demonstrated by example #2:
    Example 2:

1.Connect to a Kinetick data feed first
    2.Connect to a NinjaTrader Continuum broker technology second

Since Kinetick supports all instrument types, all data will be pulled from this connection. Any trades or orders submitted always go to the account you select, therefore if using the NinjaTrader Continuum account for order entry, all trades will go through NinjaTrader Continuum even if you are using Kinetick for data.
    If you've defined preferred connection, then you've eliminated the connection order examples completely and the preferred connection settings are honored regardless of connection order. Here is another exerpt from that same page describing this:
    Connection order is important when determining which provider will be used for real-time and historical data. However, you can choose to set a preferred connection. See the "Setting Preferred Data Connections" section below for more details.

Comment

Hi,
      i have the current NT 8 version. 8.1.1.6 64-bit .My question is which setting in Option> Market data> Preferred Connection-Realtime > futures should i use . None or Ninjatrader. I don´t want have any negative effect on Data connection or order Entry. Thanks in advanced & best wishes .
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, if your only connection is the NinjaTrader connection, you can set all of these to None.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes