Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I remove a drawing bar on my chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I remove a drawing bar on my chart?

Hello,
    I downloaded and installed an add on which adds a drawing tool bar to all of my charts. Is there a way to remove this from some charts but keep in on others?
    Thank you

Hello Newtrader101,

If the bar has been installed as an indicator and is being added to each chart individually you would be able to remove it by simply removing it from this specific chart.

To my knowledge, however, the bar that was installed is set up as a permanent addition to NinjaTrader and would automatically appear on all charts.

An alternative toolbar would be the "A-Mahtoolbar" from our NinjaTrader Ecosystem. This bar can be added to charts individually and would be listed as an indicator on each chart. By selectively adding this 'indicator' you could then have the bar only on specific charts.

Please find the mentioned indicator below:

mahToolBar – Version 6 This version updates the code to includes several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The mahToolBar6 indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar for a one-click drawing. The early version of this indicator with selected tools used sample scripts from several […]

Please let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    This version updates code as a result of name changes for some drawing tools implemented in NT 8.0.15.1. Also, this version corrects code for best practices to ensure invoking toolbar action is done asynchronously to prevent potential deadlock scenarios. This revision includes one-click icons for the NinjaTrader Version 8.0.15.1 new drawing tools Time Cycles, Polygon, […]
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me how to uninstall the toolbar in my picture that appears on all charts?

Comment

Hello Newtrader101,

Of course! Custom NinjaScripts can be removed in one of two ways from within NinjaTrader 8:
        • Add-ons can come as packages called 'assemblies'. An assembly can be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove
        • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' (or the relevant) folder > Right-click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all add-ons you wish to remove.
        Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else we may assist you with!

Comment

Thank you. I was able to remove the tool bar and install the "A-Mahtoolbar". Once installed, I have added it as an indicator and can see it on the top of my chart, for some reason I can not change the tool bar indicator in the settings.

Comment

Hello Newtrader101,

What happens if you attempt to modify the indicator? Once the "Configured" version is selected in the left bottom you should be able to add or remove any of the checkboxes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mah.png
Views:	674
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1105337

I look forward to your reply!

Comment

Thank you.
              Here is a short video of attempting to change the tool bar

Do you have any idea why I cant make adjustments?

Comment

Hello Newtrader101,

Thank you very much for the video, it seems that removing an option does not cause the window to refresh immediately.

However, it does seem that restarting the platform does reload the chart correctly, and with all removed options gone.

Could you please test if this works on your end?

Comment

Hello Manfred,

This is most likely related ton an open support ticket I have related to charts not refreshing immediately
                  Hello, Every time I start Ninja trader 8 all of my indicators disappear. I put in a lot of time customizing my workspace and save a backup every day. This has happened multiple times over multiple days. I have already put in a support ticket in the past and followed directions on how to uninstall NT8 and reinstall. I would

I believe Chelsea was working with me on the original support request.

Comment

Hello Newtrader101,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've tested the behavior of this script in various NinjaTrader versions; it does seem to behave like that in every version of NinjaTrader, which makes me believe it is how this NinjaScript was coded.

At the current time, the only way for it to update which drawing objects are selected would be a restart of the platform.

This does, however, not seem to be limited to your platform.

Comment

Thank you, I was able to get it figured out.

Comment

Can you expand NewTRader101 - I have the indicator but it doesn't change when you deselect and it also doesn't remove the toolbar if i remove the indicator!!

Comment

Hello Mindset,

Did you attempt restarting your NinjaTrader platform?

If the indicator is persistent across restarts please let us know!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                          14 responses
                          0 likes