Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Accounts with Interactive Brokers

Hello,

Looking back at the release notes for Ninjatrader, I found this feature that was implemented back in 8.0.16 .

What interests me most about this feature is the "Support for linked accounts" functionality. From what I can infer, support for linked accounts would mean that I could connect my strategies to linked accounts, where each strategy can trade on their own separated balance.

If that's not the case, I would still like to know more about this feature and what I can do with it.

Thank you,
    Anton Abramovych

Hello Newant,

Thank you for your post.

Linked accounts are intended for a single client who wants to link multiple personal accounts. They must be separately funded, but funds can be transferred between them, and they can also fall under the umbrella of a single set of market data fees, since they should all be for one user. If you have multiple accounts linked under the same login, you could then select those accounts and use them to run separate strategies on each account. Here is a publicly available link to Interactive Broker's site where this can be set up:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello Newant,

Thank you for your post.

Linked accounts are intended for a single client who wants to link multiple personal accounts. They must be separately funded, but funds can be transferred between them, and they can also fall under the umbrella of a single set of market data fees, since they should all be for one user. If you have multiple accounts linked under the same login, you could then select those accounts and use them to run separate strategies on each account. Here is a publicly available link to Interactive Broker's site where this can be set up:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...newaccount.htm

I am considering linked accounts for Interactive Brokers, I wonder how that works with Ninja Trader. I do not see an option at the account connections to chose for a particular Interactive Brokers account. I want to link the connection to the Interactive Brokers account that I will use for my trading with Ninja Trader

Comment

Hello marcel-nl,

Thank you for your inquiry.

With linked accounts, you would login using a single username and password. Once logged in, accounts linked to those credentials would show up in the Accounts dropdown that you'll see in the order entry window you select. You'd need to select the account you wish to use and then orders would be routed to that account. Linked accounts would also show in the Accounts tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Hello marcel-nl,

Thank you for your inquiry.

With linked accounts, you would login using a single username and password. Once logged in, accounts linked to those credentials would show up in the Accounts dropdown that you'll see in the order entry window you select. You'd need to select the account you wish to use and then orders would be routed to that account. Linked accounts would also show in the Accounts tab of the Control Center.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your explanation. I have linked accounts now. I wanted to separate my long term positions from the account I use for day trading with Ninja Trader. I have found the option to select the account I want. I have a follow up question. As I do not want to use the long term account for day trading and want to prevent that I accidenlty attach to the long term account I wonder if there is setting in Ninja Trader to limt the access only to the account I want to use for trading with Ninja Trader.

Comment

Hello marcel-nl,

Thank you for your reply.

There would not be a way to limit access to accounts linked to the same login within NinjaTrader. That being said, I have added a vote on your behalf to an existing feature request to allow you to hide specific accounts in the accounts dropdowns so they would not be selectable. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4408.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Hello marcel-nl,

There would not be a way to limit access to accounts linked to the same login within NinjaTrader. That being said, I have added a vote on your behalf to an existing feature request to allow you to hide specific accounts in the accounts dropdowns so they would not be selectable. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4408.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Thanks again for the explanation. I looked a the accounts Tab of the control centre. When right clicking on an account there is the option to remove an account. What does that do ? Removing from NT would be fine for my long term account, not any flattening of the position triggered by NT

Comment

Hello marcel-nl,

This would not work, only the Sim accounts can be removed via the Control Center > Accounts tab via right click. For live accounts that you do not use anymore, you would have to rename the database, however, logging back into the connection would restore that account to the accounts list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes