Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ibgateway restart every day causing NJ disc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ibgateway restart every day causing NJ disc.

I just downloaded the last NJ 8 version which use IBgateway ver 978. Everything is fine except the fact that the new IBgateway version restart every day causing NJ to disconnect and not automatically reconnect once IBgateway restart.

Is there a workaround?

Hello collagen,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Are you attempting to run NinjaTrader overnight?

Does your computer go into sleep/hibernation mode?

We do not recommend running NinjaTrader for more than 24hours at a time. Also, if your computer goes into hibernation sleep mode we recommend disabling that function on your computer.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Jermaine S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello I have run NJ for weeks with the previous version without any sort of issues due to the fact that I am using it just as a bridge for TS. Of course I am running stuff also overnight.

My question is related to some way to get NJ reconnecting automatically when IBgateway - new version - restart. It seems obvious that It should be a trick I am not aware.

Thank you

Comment

Hello Collagen,

Thank you for your note.

There is currently not a way to have NinjaTrader automatically reconnect to IB Gateway if it restarts.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello collagen,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4924. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Comment

For info, since the 'new' supported version of the gateway has this auto-disconnect behaviour, it's been causing me problems too. I was very glad to see NT being updated to the newer API version, as the old one was so old, but the old gateway just ran and ran. For a week at a time, no problem. That was the whole advantage of using it over the much slower TWS too. The new version has the horrible 'feature' of disconnect-reconnect every 24 hours, and this does really mess you up if you are trying to run NT overnight with positions, etc.

So, please consider this a vote from me. Do something better to support the gateway's new 'feature'. Thanks.

Comment

Pls add my vote and I want this to be urgently implemented. (indeed, I don't see Ninja can do anything about it)
              I was informed previously to use GW in order to avoid daily logoff. Just installed to try out and figured out that the new behaves the same as TWS. very bad.

Can anyone confirm which is the GW latest version without auto logoff that I can use with 8.0.22.2?

Comment

Hello Pjsmith and timko,

Your votes have been added to this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote also. This is the sole issue holding me back from upgrading.

Comment

Hello robotic,

Your vote has been added to this feature request.

Comment

Hello robotic,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4924. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                      Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                      1 response