Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Best brokerage to trade stocks with NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best brokerage to trade stocks with NT8?

Good morning everyone,

I have begun trading stocks with NT8 and I chose TD Ameritrade as my broker. However, there is an issue with the interface that causes a 20-30 min lag in the trade actually appearing on my chart. I have to keep the TOS app open on my desktop to follow my P/L. After doing some research, I see that this is not a new issue with TD and there is no projected date in which they will have it fixed. So....for those that trade stocks with NT8, what brokerage do you use and what are the pros and cons you see with your current broker.

Thanks for all your input.

Steven

Hello sdp1969,

Thank you for your post.

It doesn't appear that you have a questions for us to assist with so we'll leave this post open for feedback from other users.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any way.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had the same exact problem with the latest NT. But if you use NT 8.0.21.1 you should not have such problem.
      It might be due to a new TD API that the newest NT is connected to.

Comment

I have the same issue, Market Orders seem to execute immediately, but the confirmation takes forever to come, Also if you change your STOP order in the chart it takes forever for the two platforms to sync. In other words, limit/stop order changes in NT8 takes forever to confirm in NT8 even if you can already see the order change in TD. STOP/LIMIT order changes in TD takes forever to show in NT8.

Comment

Hello Jmneto,

Thank you for your note.

The NinjaTrader Platform has no control over when position update signals are sent by your broker, Until those signals are received the platform has no way of knowing if the orders were filled or not.

We have contacted TDA about this issue, it is a known issue and and they are looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
            Hello Jmneto,

Thank you for your note.

The NinjaTrader Platform has no control over when position update signals are sent by your broker, Until those signals are received the platform has no way of knowing if the orders were filled or not.

We have contacted TDA about this issue, it is a known issue and and they are looking into it.
            I think we need an answer a little more proactively than that. NinjaTrader Brokerage sticks their neck out and list TDAmeritrade as a partner and trusted brokerage for trading equities. TDA is the best brokerage I know of and I have no problem trading on any of their own TDA platforms. However, trading with TDA accounts on Ninja platform is nothing but problematic as you can see from so many related posts on this forum.

In my case, TDA data flow stopped all day today from the beginning of the session, imagine if I had any open positions on NinjaTrader. When I contacted Support this morning I was told I need to contact TDA. I did, and TDA indicated that was a Ninjatrader issue.

NinjaTrader needs to either fix any software bugs, drop TDA from their list, or actively push to resolve these recurring old issues for good. These TDA issues certainly impact Ninja's trustworthiness as a trading platform.

Cheers!

Comment

So it sounds like there's a delay with the data reaching NT, right? Would this affect the timing of sequential, pre-scripted trades based on strategies?

Comment

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies.

TD Ameritrade has confirmed that this is an issue on their end and are working to resolve it. For additional questions about this issue you'll need to reach out to TD Ameritrade directly.

I cannot provide any additional update at this time. Their last response to us was notifying us that they're aware of and working on this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Hello Seeker of Alpha,

Thank you for your note.

This issue could affect strategies running in NinjaTrader that reply on real time data. If you're having issues with data from TD Ameritrade i would recommend using another data provider until they resolve this issue.

Comment

What you should know is that choosing any of these brokers is based off on opinions. But most of these popular brokers are decent, tbh. You can maybe say the characteristics of the broker you want, and then you’ll see many direct answers. I use Binance to trade and till today everything goes smoothly. What I’m looking for atm, is a broker that allows coins to be traded. Unfortunately, it’s not every crypto coin can be traded on Binance. The only reason why I want it is that I’ve really understood its market.
                    Last edited by LousyMyor; 07-28-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Hello LousyMyor,

Thank you for your reply.

We would be unable to recommend a specific equities broker as "best". However to see which supported providers offer what data you can view the link below:

Please feel free to write in directly if you have additional questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LousyMyor View Post
                        What's the best broker now?
                        Heath probably correctly trimmed your original post down. I did not see your original post but given from what I have seen on this forum that trimming was probably to your benefit.

Moving to now....

Your post is too thin to give you a helpful answer. What do you want to trade?
                        - Example Instruments. E.g. SPY, Tesla, ETFs, clastic Swing or Growth trading, or chaotic WSB frenzy trading?
                        - How frequently (Sub-second scalping, 5min Scalping, Daily Swings, Weekly Swings, etc).?
                        - How many orders do you submit a day and on average how many are filled? (this alone rules Interactive Brokers in or out)

HedgePlay
                        Last edited by hedgeplay; 06-17-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies.

TD Ameritrade has confirmed that this is an issue on their end and are working to resolve it. For additional questions about this issue you'll need to reach out to TD Ameritrade directly.

I cannot provide any additional update at this time. Their last response to us was notifying us that they're aware of and working on this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
                          Hi Heath,

It has been almost 1 year since your post. Can you confirm that the TDA issue has been addressed and fixed. If not, at least remove TDA from your supported providers and issue some kind of warning for your customers to not use that brokerage on NinjaTrader platform until all their issues are resolved and the risk of ruin is removed.

It is not good business to support a provider (TDA) with long time data, order execution, and reporting issues to the detriment of your customers' accounts.

Cheers!
                          Last edited by aligator; 06-17-2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Hello Aligator,

Thank you for your post.

Out last communication on this issue was that TD Ameritrade is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution, but there is no solution at this time.

TD Ameritrade has let us know they're working on a new API to combat these symptoms, however, they have no estimate on when this may be available.

You may read more about the symptom you're describing and other users data points in this related forum thread:
                            https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d-status/page3

Understand that NinjaTrader has zero control over TD Ameritrade order routing behavior. If you'd like to get an update on when they might have a new API available as a resolution for this issue we recommend you contact TD Ameritrade directly.

Comment

Hello Aligator,

Thank you for your post.

Out last communication on this issue was that TD Ameritrade is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution, but there is no solution at this time.

TD Ameritrade has let us know they're working on a new API to combat these symptoms, however, they have no estimate on when this may be available.

You may read more about the symptom you're describing and other users data points in this related forum thread:
                              https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d-status/page3

Understand that NinjaTrader has zero control over TD Ameritrade order routing behavior. If you'd like to get an update on when they might have a new API available as a resolution for this issue we recommend you contact TD Ameritrade directly.
                              Thank you Heath.

Perhaps TDA could be removed from your "Supported Providers" list to protect your own customers from potential harm until they have addressed all these issues.

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              2 responses