Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Install

HI

I think I need to do a fresh new re-install, I plan to rename the Documents/Ninjatrader8 folder to NinjatraderOld. then do the clean install

My problem is that the platform keeps freezing after 30 minutes or so use, so I want to try the fresh install.

My question is if the Fresh install does not solve the problem can I go back and rename
    NinjatraderOld to Ninjatrader8 and keep my old set up? I don't want to loose all my work if the re-install does not solve the problem?

Thanks

Hello fredfred,

Thanks for posting.

Correct, renaming the folder back to 'NinjaTrader 8' would allow you to reload the old installation. If you'd like us to look further into the root cause of the freezing you're reporting, please send us your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2611936 ATTN Tyler.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Tyler

Many thanks for your offer. Ill try the fresh install to save time and if it does'nt solve my problem I would be gratefull for your help and will email my Log and Trace files.

Thanks again

Comment

Sent my log and trace files, experiencing freezing after clean install.

Thanks

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't received them on my end- did you ensure to include the ticket number? Did you receive a reply when you emailed platform support?

I look forward to being of assistance.

Comment

Hi Tyler

Yes, when I sent the log and trace files I did get a response and I put the ticket number in the title and body.

I have experienced these freezes occasionally but is better after you had a look at the platform resources and I took heed of your advice of putting indicators on a spread of currency pairs to help the CPU load.

One thing I have noticed is that when I do get a freeze, I place my curser on the Ninja trader logo in the dock and the active mini windows pop up, the one that has frozen has a spinning disc trying to load data. If left this spread to more windows till the entire platform freezes.

My CPU load is 10% and I'm puzzled why my CPU is struggling, perhaps the load of these indicators is drawing data from 8 currency pairs at once. Still with 32 Gig Memory and a dedicated graphics card should of coped.

The Virtual memory is at max and seems to be using the graphics card cache, not sure if there is a conflict somewhere.

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thanks for your reply.

You may re-open your support ticket by replying to the most recent email that I sent you after our phone call. This will make it easier for us to keep track of what has or has not been done in diagnosing your system.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Still experiencing window freezing. I have noticed when this happens instrument pairs freeze in isolation. screen shot enclosed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bltdavid