Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no simulated trading and incorrect data

Hello,
    I have a real time data feed from NT Continuum. Now I want to test my automatic system on the Sim Account. when I am connected to the live data feed, I get the error message "no market data available for Sim Engine" and the orders are denied. When I connect to Sim Data feed, the data is not correct. For example, the MNQ trades currently around 9987,25, but the Sim data shows 9000,00 as current price.
    What can I do? Thank you.

Hello superkolleech,

Thank you for writing with your post today.

First I would like to point out that the Simulated Data feed is not a real data feed at all and is internally generated data. It is not expected to reflect real time market data. You will notice a small window with the word 'Trend' on it when connected to the Simulated data feed, this is the Trend Slider and allows you to manipulate the simulated market data feed to move either up or down. This can be useful for testing alerts, ATM strategies in particular market directions and conditions. Here is a link that goes into more detail regarding the Simulated Data Feed.

To run a Backtest of a strategy on NinjaTrader 8, please follow the instructions below:
    1. Open a Strategy Analyzer window under New > Strategy Analyzer. Select the Backtest type of "Standard"
    2. Select the strategy you would like to backtest
    3. Select the instrument and Data Series you would like to backtest. Be sure you select the Sim101.
    4. Set the strategy and backtest parameters (See the "Understanding backtest properties" section below for property definitions)
    5. Select the "Run" button to start the backtest

Here is a video tutorial that covers how to backtest a strategy using the Strategy Analyzer: NinjaTrader 8 - Backtesting Strategies

Furthermore, here is the Backtest Strategy Help Guide section to provide further details to this feature.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more for any additional NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post traderqz  
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse