SPX SP500 option chain? cant bring it up IB data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPX SP500 option chain? cant bring it up IB data feed

have my Ib feed hooked up to NT its ok, but i cant bring up SPX which is the SP500 option chain, what is the proper way to put this into the option chain to bring up these options? i trade this everyday with IB

Hello seanthenoob,

Thank you for your post.

In the Options Chain window. Click inside of the instrument drop-down area, and type the symbol or description of the instrument you want > For example Search (S&P 500) and double click the instrument you want in the list of instruments > Click OK.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it does not work, i can bring it up in a chart no problem, but NOT in the option chain
      Attached Files

Comment

I want the actual SPX option chain

Comment

Hello seanthenoob,

Thank you for your post.

Please confirm that you are subscribed to real-time data for Options with IB. The only requirements to load data in the Options Chain window are to have a connection to a supported options broker and a real-time data subscription for Options data with your broker.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

i am sir, i trade this product everyday in IB. im getting conflicting info about the SPX and NT being able to bring it up. can you confirm this,, that NT is able to bring up the SPX index in the option chain, and if it can , whats the symbol?

Comment

Hello seanthenoob,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to use the symbol ES 09-20 to load the data. Please try typing ES 09-20 into the instrument area of the Options Chain window and pressing Enter.

Comment

Kindly Sir,
                I am NOT trying to trade the ES, i trade the SPX options everyday. in IB the SPX option chain is "SPX" its like spy by 10x more expensive, the S&P500. when i type SPX into the option chain, it doesnt come up. This is what i want, not ES futures etc. the SPX, this is what i trade everyday at IB. are you saying the ES contract is the SPX options when put into the option chain? this shouldne be this confusing, i appreciate the help

Comment

all i want is the SPX index that i trade everyday in options inside IB. i dont know to communicate it any clearer, hope this makes sense. in IB its "SPX" at centerpoint it was "SPX" at TOS its "SPX"

Comment

Hello seanthenoob,

Thank you for your post.

According to the Data by Provider Help Guide, Interactive Brokers can supply Options on Equities in NinjaTrader. I don't have a way to test loading data for this instrument specifically with an Interactive Brokers account, so I can only provide the steps to look up instruments or add instruments to the platform to use with your IB account.

To look up pre-loaded instruments. In the Options Chain window. Click inside of the instrument drop-down area, and type the symbol or description of the instrument you want > For example Search (S&P 500) and double click the instrument you want in the list of instruments > Click OK.

If you cannot find the instrument by searching. You can add the instrument to your database, please follow these steps:
                    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
                    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
                    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
                    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
                    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
                    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
                    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
                    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Comment

THANK YOU this actually worked, great support i TRULY do appreciate it!!!!

Comment

For the record: The symbol SPX is known as SP500 in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby