Better Protection for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Protection for indicators

Is there a different code protection tool that can be used with NT8. I have my doubts about Secure CLI being absolutely secure and guarding against decompilation.

Secure CLI is secure in NT8.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

Thanks for your post.

Agile.NET, the successor to CLISecure, is used in NinjaTrader 8. More details can be found below. If you are looking for even more protection, you can consider purchasing the full version of Agile.NET.

DLL protection - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...l_security.htm

We look forward to assisting.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's all good. Is there a way to use something else other than your incorporated implementation?

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I am sure you could look at other solutions and build your code exclusively in Visual Studio and then reference that DLL in your NinjaScripts. DLL's can be added in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder and a reference can be added in the NinjaScript Editor (right click > References.)

We would support using Agile.NET, but I will leave the thread open for any other community members that may have tried other encryption and obfuscation approaches.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 06-19-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Is there a way to do the obfuscation utilizing your code protection solution through Visual Studio? Similar fashion as what you have on the Ninjatrader Export window?

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

As I understand, Agile.NET for NinjaTrader can only be used with NinjaTrader. Agile.NET probably has some direction for using their obfuscation utility or their full product with Visual Studio. I'd recommend reaching out to them or checking for resources on their website.

Applying your own encryption/obfuscation in Visual Studio would go beyond what we would support, but community members are welcome to share their insights here.

If you have any other NinjaTrader related inquires, please don't hesitate to open a new ticket.

Comment

In trying to contact them through their support page. No response.

Tried calling them, just keeps ringing.

No email address that I can email. Only a contact form, which they DONT answer.

Not what I would consider a business meant for customer support.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I understand that SecureTeam may have a 24 hour response time so I would keep that in mind. If you are having trouble contacting SecureTeam and have given adequate time, you could ask vendorsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com if they can reach out to SecureTeam and see if they have gotten your messages out of courtesy.

We would not be the ones to give direction for using their product with Visual Studio alone, but if there is a communications break, Vendor Support may be able to work with our Business Development group to make sure SecureTeam can be contacted.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                  4 responses