current candles not on top of MA's how to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

current candles not on top of MA's how to change

screenshot provided. annoying thing here, on every signle platform ive used price always on top of the ma's why does the current candle not on top of them? is there any way to change this??
    Attached Files

Objects within a panel can be adjusted to appear behind or in front of another chart object. The specific layer on which an object sits is referred to as the "z-order."

To adjust the z-order of an object:
    • 1.Select the chart object by left mouse clicking on it
    • 2.Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and roll the mouse scroll wheel up or down to change the z-order of the object. As you scroll, the object's z-order will be displayed near your mouse cursor.
    Visit the link below to learn more about Z-order:

Comment

so i just tried this, and nothing. it gives me a scale of 1-10 i chage to 1, nothing i change to 10, nothing

Comment

Level 1 of Z-order would be 'the front' or on top of all other objects. What did you select when you changes the Z-order level to 1?

Here is a short video example:

Comment

this isnt what i want accomplished , do you see on my screen shot, the current candles are to the right of the moving averages's? i want to pull the candles back so when the current candle should be tapping a moving average, it does. with how these charts are they dont. its like the moving averages are a full candle behind

Comment

ive never seen a trading platform where this happens . ive traded i think on almost all of them

Comment

Ah, sorry - I misunderstood your original inquiry. Thankfully this is also simply a setting you can adjust.

Every indicator has a property called 'calculate'. This property has three possible settings - 'On bar close', 'On price change', and 'On each tick. The indicator's you're pointing out in your chart are clearly 'On bar close' since they're one bar behind the open bar. This is mainly done to preserve resources and lower the chance of performance issues.

If you want to adjust this, follow these steps:
              • Right-click on your chart > Indicators...
              • Locate the indicator you wish to edit in the bottom right 'Configured' list
              • On the right, change the 'Calculate' property as desired (I would recommend 'On price change') > OK
              Click here to learn more:

Comment

thank you man, this solved it, great support very much appreciate it man!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB