Time based order entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time based order entry?

I would like to place an order to buy the ES at the 9:30 EST print. This order would be to buy 1 contact 4 pts above the 9:30 print with a Stop Loss 4 pts below ( at the 9:30 print) and a profit target 1/3 the previous days ATR while also creating another order to sell 1 contract 4 pts below the 9:30 print with a stop loss at the open print and the same profit target as the long (1/3 the previous days ATR)

Is this possible?

Hello Snowmansteve88,

Thank you for your post.

You would be able to create an alert with a time-based condition that will submit an order with an attached ATM strategy. Here is the publicly available Alerts video tutorial to demonstrate how to configure alerts in NinjaTrader 8.

Alerts - YouTube

Here is the Configuring Alerts Help Guide to assist you further.

ATM Strategies are designed to provide discretionary traders with semi-automated features to manage their positions. With this feature, users can easily apply stop losses and profit targets to orders. Here is a publicly available video that will quickly explain an overview of this feature.
    NinjaTrader 8 - Advanced Trade Management Overview - YouTube

Here is the Help material to explain the details of using this feature within NinjaTrader.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Shawn B., Will the time-based order be able to place 2 OCO orders. One 4 pts below the 9:30:00 EST print with a stop-loss order and a profit target order and a second simultaneous order 4 pts above the 9:30:00 EST print with a stop-loss order and a profit target order?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available by default with alert orders and would need to be custom coded.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.
        Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, yeah, I second that notion, and hope you can put time stops in the next update. I am trying to craft one out of "Bars since Entry", but it doen't take my Series, Ninjascript cant compile. I also thought about using the TimeSeries block, but the only way to reference the time in the trade is Bars Since Entry, and how do I get that to work on a price-based data series, Im trying to get time. Thanks, all help appreciated.

Andrew

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2485. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Marco! I had a good idea! I thunk it all myself too.

Comment

Please add my vote to SFT-2485

Comment

Hello Harvard,

Thank you for writing in.

I am adding your vote to SFT-2485.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
                    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                    31 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes