Incorrect volume data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect volume data

My data feed is IB. I have NT installed on my desktop and my laptop and on the desktop the volume data seems to be ok and reliable. But on my laptop the volume bars are suspiciously low, and when I reload historical data on the chart all the volume bars change and grow bigger.

Any idea on what the problem might be?

Thank you

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like we need to discover and isolate the differences between your desktop and laptop.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • What version of TWS/Gateway are you using?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Please provide a screenshot(s) that demonstrates the volume discrepancy between your desktop and laptop:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

NT version: 8.0.16.2

TWS version: 978.2c

No errors on the log tab.

I'm on a trip and not at home so I can't provide any picture showing the discrepancy between my desktop and laptop. I just trade the ES contract and know that the first RTH 2 minute bar volume is never as low as barely over 6000 contracts. So I reloaded historical data and saw that the first 2 minute bar now had over 16000 contracts. I have never had such problem on my desktop.

Comment

I see that you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Please let me know if the symptom persists after the update.

Comment

Thank you. I think the update has worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno