Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data

For about 6 months I was able to access a seemingly infinite amount of data on anytime time frame. Now it looks like my connection isn't connecting and the Kinetick - End of Day data doesn't let me access much data on the 4H or lower. It's been a few months since I've played around on NinjaTrader and I've never purchased anything, so I'm not sure if something changed with NinjaTrader, my account, or something else. Any advice how I can get more data on lower time frames like I used to be able to do?

Hello,

Thank you for writing in

Glad to assist. Resorting the connection would be needed to restore the data seen in NinjaTrader. What data feed had you previously been connected to?

Do you receive an error when attempting the connection at this time?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is the email I got back in February. I don't remember what lead me to get that email because I was using NinjaTrader for about 6 months in 2019 with no issuesClick image for larger version  Name:	NT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	1106655.
      Attached Files

Comment

The connection guide brings me to the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide. I've heard of some people buying a lifetime license, but always thought that was for real money. Am I correct that NinjaTrader data is free if you're not trading or just trading demo? I'm not trading real money yet, so can't justify putting money into a license.

Comment

Not sure if this is a related problem, but I just noticed that the data is for a seemingly random 8 months and not even the past 8 months. The first image shows what I enter to create the chart and the second image shows what the chart looks like.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The license is only needed when you're ready to trade live with a funded account, the key does not supply data but enables live trading. Previous forex demos used to last longer, but at this time the Forex Demos last around 30-days. You may contact our Sales team at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com to inquire about next steps needed to open an account after a demo.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, this didn't use to be an issue because demos used to last longer, but now I need to upgrade to a live account after a month if I want to continue to get more data on a lower time frame? Having been at this for significantly longer than a month, I can't imagine being pushed into real money or putting money down for a license after only a month of playing around.
              Last edited by jmiles2020; 06-25-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, based on what you have described, yes, you would need access to live data via an account or data-only data feed depending on your instrument and data-type needs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes