Repair possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair possible?

I have 2 PC’s with both NT8 and both have the same @sim… key.
    I have on both PC's own identical indicators and charting on both PC’s is identical for all indicators.

When exporting indicators:
    On the first PC for all 3 own indicators NT8 adds automatically the needed indicators (HIGH, LOW, MIN, MAX…) to make my indicator work and correct ZIP file is made.

On the second PC for 2 of the 3 own indicators NT8 adds automatically the needed indicators (HIGH, LOW, MIN, MAX…) to make my indicator work and correct ZIP file is made.
    But if I export my third indicator I get an error message. But this error happens only on 1 PC and not on the other one. All codes on the 2 PC’s are identical. It looks like the standard indicator(s) that come with NT8 are corrupt on this PC?

How to fix this problem? Can I do a repair or reinstall without losing all my indicators? I have all own indicators, workspaces and templates on both PC's, so I can always get it on the other one if things get lost. I even have a full backup.

I already imported the own indicator that works on PC1 to PC2 overwriting all the concerned indicators (MACD) but the problem did not disappear.
    I also tried to make a backup from Ninjascripts from the healthy PC and import it on the sick PC but that was refused as it could corrupt NT8. Why does he refuse that? Maybe because the backup from the healthy PC has not exact the same code for the MACD?

This is the error:

In English
    c: \ Users \ marc \ Documents \ NinjaTrader 8 \ bin \ Custom \ Indicators \ XXX.cs (35.11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name MACD was not found (missing a user instruction or assembly reference?)
    Last edited by marcus2300; 06-24-2020, 01:43 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The compile error you are seeing in the NinjaScript Editor indicates you are missing references to .DLL files in your installation or the .DLL files do not exist in your installation. Please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
    1. From the Control Center please select New--> NinjaScript Editor
    2. In the NinjaScript Editor please right click and select References.
    3. In the Reference window look for the .DLL file reference in the compile error by name (in the error the file name has a .cs at the end)
    4. If you see the .DLL file reference please left click on the reference and select Remove
    5. If you removed the reference in the previous step or you do not see the .DLL file reference then please select Add
    6. The Add option will open a File Explorer, from the path that was opened please locate the .DLL file
    7. If you find the .DLL please left click to select it and then select Open--> then select OK in the References window--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> select Compile
    8. If you do not find the .DLL in the File Explorer please close the File Explorer and References windows--> then navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom on your PC--> and delete the .cs file referenced in the compile error--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> Compile

If you would like assistance with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the fast reaction! I will do it later and come back if things don't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The compile error you are seeing in the NinjaScript Editor indicates you are missing references to .DLL files in your installation or the .DLL files do not exist in your installation. Please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
        1. From the Control Center please select New--> NinjaScript Editor
        2. In the NinjaScript Editor please right click and select References.
        3. In the Reference window look for the .DLL file reference in the compile error by name (in the error the file name has a .cs at the end)
        4. If you see the .DLL file reference please left click on the reference and select Remove
        5. If you removed the reference in the previous step or you do not see the .DLL file reference then please select Add
        6. The Add option will open a File Explorer, from the path that was opened please locate the .DLL file
        7. If you find the .DLL please left click to select it and then select Open--> then select OK in the References window--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> select Compile
        8. If you do not find the .DLL in the File Explorer please close the File Explorer and References windows--> then navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom on your PC--> and delete the .cs file referenced in the compile error--> then right click in the NinjaScript Editor--> Compile

If you would like assistance with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
        Hi Marco,

tried a few times but still the same error; I need assistance if possible.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Happy to assist with this.

Please send an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2620212 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so we can set up a remote support session to resolve this.

I look forward to your reply.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Happy to assist with this.

Please send an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2620212 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so we can set up a remote support session to resolve this.

I look forward to your reply.
            Just send an email as requested

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for your emails.

I just wanted to post the resolution here in case any other users run into the same issue.

This issue is a known issue when trying to export NinjaScript files that host other indicators in versions prior to 8.0.22.2 when using a PC that is set to Belgian Dutch. If you are experiencing the same issue, please ensure your platform is updated to the latest version, then test.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
              Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post rocketman7  
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses