Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market data connections not reset

Hi,

I run NT8. I have a connection to my Interactive Brokers account which allows 100 realtime instruments to download in realtime.
    I have used this connection via a strategy and added around 100 instruments. This worked fine. I then deleted all strategies and all orders.

The Interactive Brokers API still after about 16 hours reports 100 instruments are in use of my max 100. If I quit NT8 it reports only 2. So NT8 is holding these requests to the IB workstation API.

Somewhere NT8 thinks it still needs to download these old instruments. How can I reset the requests to IB so that I can use my 100 instruments again from my strategy.

Regards
    Stefan

The symbol limit is per connection session. There is no way to reset this value without disconnecting then reconnecting (ending the session and starting a new one).

Comment

Hi,

thanks for responding. But hat is what I have done. I have disconnected, reconnected. Quit Ninjatrader, restarted. Even rebooted my PC. Once NInjatrader is not running Interactive Brokers client reports 2 data instruments in use and the minute I start NT8 it goes to 100 (with no strategies active or even inactive).

I updated to the latest NT version to see if that would solve the problem but this did not solve it.

Regards
      Stefan

Comment

If the instrument quantity goes up when NinjaTrader is connected, that means there is still some part of your NinjaTrader configuration that is requesting that data. So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Hi,

I managed to go to Safe mode. Opened a chart that worked, but this is because my requests dropped to 95 instruments. So Interractive Brokers now reports NT8 to have 95 requests. I do not have any other screens open. Immediately when I close NT8 it drops to 2 instruments.

I also created a new workspace and closed the other. It remained at 95 also after restarting in normal mode.

What do you mean with rebuilding my workspace. The workspace is in basis empty (no strategies and no charts open) but still it goes to 95 instruments in the Internactive brokers client.

Regards
          Stefan

Comment

What version of TWS/Gateway are you using?

Comment

Trader Workstation
              Build 979.4w, Jun 23, 2020 1:41:08 PM
              Jolt Build 1.14.9, May 7, 2020 10:24:07 AM
              Nia Build 2.20.2, Jan 22, 2020 04:13:16 PM
              ModelNav Build 1.11.0, Sep 20, 2019 06:06:15 PM
              Riskfeed Build 2.39.8, May 13, 2020 09:18:36 AM

Java Version: 1.8.0_152, OS: Windows 10 (amd64, 10.0), Memory:
              heap max 768Mb, current 128Mb

And of NT8: 8.0.22.2

Regards
              Stefan

Comment

Does this symptom persist if you download and use the supported version of TWS (978.2c)? Here is a direct download link:For this test, make sure you've closed TWS 979.4w and that you're running 978.2c

Comment

Patrick,

it still remains a problem. Rebooted the machine, downloaded the 978.2c version, I checked after starting in the about if it was 878.2c. And afterr starting NT8 it immediately went to 100 again.
                  In this way Ninjatrader becomes unusable for me.

I see there is a remote support possibility. Or is there some other thing we can do (reset all usersettings for example?

Regards
                  Stefan

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2622950 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

I posted it to the support mailadress.

Regards
                      Stefan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse