NT8 crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 crashing

My platform suddenly started crashing today. Any idea? It suddenly closes and disappears without even actively doing anything.

version: 8.0.21.1
    Last edited by ark321; 06-26-2020, 01:05 PM.

Hello ark321,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2625461 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just upgraded to the latest version and it seems to have fixed now. But I will let you know if it crashes again. Since I upgraded, can i still get log and trace files from old version?

Comment

Hello ark321,

Thank you for your post.

Yes. All of the log and trace files from all of your installations are stored in the log and trace folders.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

It crashed again. Where do i find the log and trace folders?

Comment

i figured it. Just sent the log and trace files

Comment

Hello ark321,

Thank you for your reply.

There are several workspaces loading when NinjaTrader is launched. Workspaces running in the background can affect performance. Please troubleshoot by starting with a new, blank workspace and testing for further issues.

To start with a blank workspace, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
              • Shut down NinjaTrader
              • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
              • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
              • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
              • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for the issue.
              If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by exiting NinjaTrader and moving the files from your Desktop back into the 'workspaces' folder.

In the future, you can manage your workspaces to prevent this behavior. You would have to close the workspace running in the background to manage your workspaces.

You can close(not delete) the workspaces running in the background by going to the NinjaTrader Control Center and clicking Workspaces -> Hover your mouse over the workspaces with a gray box icon that you want to close -> Select Close Workspace.

I have included a link to our help guide on managing workspaces.

Workspaces Menu

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.

Comment

That is strange. Why should it crash without any warning just because there are more work spaces? Also, there are just 5 more work spaces

Comment

Hello ark321,

Thank you for your reply.

Although a workspace running in the background may not be in view, they do still use system resources when open. This can affect the performance of NinjaTrader.

There are many other variables that contribute to overall performance of the NinjaTrader application. I have provided a link below to our publicly available Help Guide that goes over the recommended performance tips to help you fine tune your NinjaTrader installation to run optimally.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM