Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

not fully getting ATM to work as expected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not fully getting ATM to work as expected.

Hey guys,

Here is a scenario I'm trying to achieve with the ATM, and I'm not able to:

Upon order entry:
    set profit target to 14 ticks
    set stop loss to 18 ticks
    Once the ticks are above 14, start trailing with the same 14/18 settings BUT never go below 14 of profit.

Essentially if the trade has gotten above 14, and is now at 15, 16, 17, for example, but goes back to 14 -- exit for a 14 ticks profit.
    As it goes higher -- trail. When it reaches 28 ticks for example -- that should be the next stop, so if goes back down to 14 -- fine, exit at 14, but if it now reached 30 and went back to 28 -- exit at 28.

I tried to play with the Auto Trigger and with the Steps -- but I'm not able to achieve this. The behavior I'm seeing is that if it reaches 14 and goes higher, and then reverses -- it will still go back down and not stop at 14.

THANK YOU

Hello,

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Below I've linked to what I think you are wanting:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

It sounds like you just want an initial stop of 18, but after breakeven, to always push it up 14 ticks after 14 ticks of profit, without an actual profit target.

Please let me know if these settings aren't what you are expecting.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco

(I've replied to your email but if you prefer to reply here, so that others can learn -- that would be fine)

Thank you for the screen cast. I’m using the Simulated Data Feed to test it since it’s so easy to control the up and down movement:

I tried what you suggested but it didn’t exit at 14 ticks of profit after I made it go to 16 and then pulled it back down to cause it to go back to 14. It went past 14, to 13, 12… and didn’t exit at 14.

So the 14 ticks of profit was supposed to be the breakeven — but it’s not getting stopped out at 14, with your settings.

Yes — you are correct that I don’t want to set an upper limit. If the trade keeps running up — let it continue until it retreats by 14 ticks.

Looking forward to your reply —

Ziv.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
      4 responses