UK London stock exchange prices and quantities help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK London stock exchange prices and quantities help please

I am trying to display the UK LSE FTSE 100 share scottish mortgage trust (SMT) on the dom. When I select smt the quantities for the bid and ask show as eg 22200 instead of 222 and also if I do a sim101 account trade the profit is also multiplied by a factor of 100. Presumably it is because UK stocks/shares are quoted in pence not £. I have probably done something wrong when setting up these FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 instruments and I now can't see anywhere to make the necessary adjustment.
    Please could you help, many thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner. Specifically, here we would need to know what data provider you are using to connect to this stock instrument.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2629831 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Additionally with your email, please provide a screenshot of the instrument's symbol mapping settings as you currently have them so we may test this on our end as well. This can be found from the Control Center> Tools> Instruments> search the instrument> edit.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Those exchanges are not directly supported, however, it may be possible to 'force' the mapping depending on the exact instrument. Can you give me an example, within TWS, of any instrument you're wanting to view within NinjaTrader?

Comment

I would like to see the prices from these two exchanges for UK FTSE 100 stock scottish mortgage trust code SMT from IB please.

EDIT by NinjaTrader_PatrickG:

From duplicate forum post -
        I get prices and market depth for the bats europe and chi-x europe prices free from Interactive Brokers. Are these exchanges supported by Ninjatrader? If so how do I setup things to get prices for LSE shares from these exchanges please?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-30-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the instrument's symbol mapping settings as you currently have them so we may test this on our end as well. This can be found from the Control Center> Tools> Instruments> search the instrument> edit. Please ensure the "Interactive Brokers" field is visible in the screenshot.

I look forward to your reply.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	smt .png
Views:	413
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1107352
            as requested. Box point value is greyed out, is that set for the wrong amount? If so can it be altered somewhere else?

Comment

Please confirm - is the stock in the link below the one you're wanting to view in NinjaTrader? Here is a publicly available link to a Yahoo Finance chart:If not, could you provide a similar resource (either a website or Trader Workstation platform) so I can be sure what exact instrument we're working with?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

By default stock instruments will have the point value greyed out and set to 1.

Which exchange do you have set? Unfortunately that is not visible in the menu from this view.

If you change the tick size from .5 to .1, do the prices match what you expect?

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
                Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for your replies.
                  Yes PatrickG, the link that you posted above was for the correct UK stock.
                  Melissa, The exchange was set as london stock exchange/LSE, I have altered the tick size to 0.1 but will have to wait until the UK market reopens tomorrow to test it out. I am wondering whether the tick size needs to be adjusted to 0.01 to divide the price by 100. Anyway I will report back.

Comment

I agree - the quotes that we can observe in the Yahoo link and also in TWS seem to point towards the fact that the appropriate tick size is 0.01.

When making these changes to the underlying settings of the instrument, make sure to restart NinjaTrader after each change to ensure the changes are applied.

Comment

Many thanks for mentioning that I need to restart after alterations

Comment

Setting the tick size to 0.01 just does what you would expect, it sets the increment on the dom to 0.01. The stock smt trades with a 0.5 tick.
                        I am guessing that it is the "point value" in the greyed out box that need changing. How can this be changed?
                        Also the volume figures were still out by a factor of 100

If the batsuk and chi-x exchanges are not supported, could they be supported as a matter of urgency as IB says " The 2011 combination of BATS Europe and Chi-X Europe to form BATS Chi-X Europe created the largest European equities exchange by market share and value traded."
                        Last edited by kebabman; 07-01-2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

If we view the Yahoo Finance page I linked earlier, it shows a tick size of 0.01. Notice that the current price (delayed) is 820.34:With that said, I do agree that the quotes from Interactive Brokers appear to have a tick size of 0.5:So, the tick size should probably remain as 0.5

Also, here is the mapping I used when creating the instrument. Note that I cannot actually confirm this is working since my Interactive Brokers account does not have data subscriptions for these markets, however, I can confirm that NinjaTrader seems to request the data from the appropriate exchange in this case:What this allows me to deduce is that the mapping I've tried is requesting data from the right places. The difference between mine and yours is that I selected only 'Default' as the exchange and my my mapping has the SMART definition: "LMT|SMART". What occurs if you try this configuration with tick size = 0.5? Please provide a screenshot of your results.

Comment

SMT orders placed directly through the LSE order book trade with the 0.5 tick size. If you trade in the UK through a stockbroker they will probably get you a better price within the bid / ask spread, that is when you see trades logged with a price with 2 or even three decimal places.

I tried selecting only default as the exchange with either SMT as the code and SMT|SMART. The different combinations didn't seem to make any difference.
                            I get the bid and ask price accurately changing real time.
                            The last trade volume is real time but multiplied by 100.
                            The bid and ask sizes are always multiplied by 100 and only occasionally accurate. Click image for larger version  Name:	smt trade.png Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	1107567Click image for larger version  Name:	smt market depth.png Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	1107568

Comment

I suspect you may be correct when you mentioned 'pence' earlier. Perhaps that is the root issue, I'd like to verify a few things on my end. Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                              • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                              • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
                              • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2629831 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y