Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stock market early close July 2nd 2020 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock market early close July 2nd 2020 ?

Hi. According to NT trading hours definitions for US Equities RTH/ETH the stock markets will close early at 13:00 ET this Thursday July 2nd. I find no confirmation for that elsewhere. All I find is the Bonds and Futures markets will close early on that day. Can you confirm the NT definition for Equities is correct and there will be an early close on Thursday? Thanks.

Correction: The Futures markets close early on Friday, so it's possible the NT definition for Futures is incorrect too. I have Futures early close definitions for both Thursday and Friday, it's a little strange.

Comment

The publicly available link below is where you'll find the CMEGroup's holiday trading hours information:If you look at the 'compact excel' for Independence Day, you can see that some products on CMEGroup do close between 12 and 1230 US CT while others are open for the full session. I believe this is why the 'Day before Independence Day' holiday exists in the CME US Index Futures ETH/RTH templates.

With that said, I believe as it is configured right now it will restrict the hours of more instruments than intended. I'll forward this to the Development Team for review and if a change is made to the templates it will be rolled out automatically (but will require a restart of the platform).

For the time being, you could switch to another trading hours template like 'Default 24/7'.

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks. What about Equities? From what I see on NYSE website there is no early close on Thursday..

Comment

Sorry. I originally misread the template you had pointed out. I agree that the US Equities templates also have an early close that does not appear to be legitimate. I'll pass that information on to the Development Team as well.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick.

Comment

Stock market can be very confusing some times. There is a lot of false information. You need to find the best sources of true information. Let`s take as an example Ikea stock market. There is not a lot information about it on google, but you need to find it. For example, take a look at the best article about ikea stock market. This article has the best information about ikea stock market and where to invest your hard-made money.
              Last edited by AveMadel; 07-20-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH