Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Percentage Bartype

Hello staff,

I'm just wondering if you know of any bartype to be in existence that prints a new bar with every 0.01% in movement having occurred?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

GLFX

Hello GLFX005

Thank you for your note.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website and may be what you're looking for:
    Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Heath,

This BarType displays the price in terms of how much percent the price has changed since a set amount of time/value.
      What I am looking for is a BarType that prints a new up bar with every +0.01% move in the market, and prints a down bar with every -0.01% move in the market, or whatever percentage values pick in the settings. I have looked through the internet, but it appears that something like this does not exist. Would it be complex to code a bartype of this kind?

Comment

Hello GLFX005,

What you are describing is likely possible, that would work similar to how a price movement bar like range would work. You could take a look at the existing bars types to get an idea of the complexity, they are fairly difficult to program due to having to work with sessions. You may be able to use one of the existing bars types as a starting point and make modifications to its calculation, they can be duplicated like other scripts.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        2 responses