ATM scale out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM scale out

Im sure this is really simple. I’m trying to set up and ATM that will scale out my positions. For example.

open 4positions all with a stop loss of 20
    at 20 of profit close one and move the stop loss up 20.
    At 40 or profit close 1 and move the stop loss another 20.
    At 60 of profit close 1 and move the stop loss another 20.
    At 80 of profit close the remaining contract.

Basically scale out of but keep locking in profit. Ideas?

Hello RumHam,

Thanks for your post.

Attached I have provided a screen shot of your desired parameters.

How this will work is after 20 ticks in your favor Target 1 will fill and the Auto Breakeven will move your remaining stops to your entry price.

After 40 ticks in your favor Target 2 will fill and Step 1 of the Auto Trail will move your remaining stops 20 ticks above your entry price. The Frequency of 999 will ensure this move only occurs once.

After 60 ticks in your favor, Target 3 will fill and Step 2 of the Auto Trail will move your remaining stop loss to 40 ticks above your entry price. The Frequency of 999 will ensure this move only occurs once.

After 80 ticks in your favor, your final target will fill.

Below I have provided links to the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail sections of our help guide.

Auto Breakeven: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._breakeven.htm
    Auto Trail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...auto_trail.htm

Below I have provided a link to the ATM 201 & 301 recorded trainings from our YouTube channel.

ATM 201: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXP...DD7105&index=6
    ATM 301: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZUO...DD7105&index=7

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 07-02-2020, 01:15 PM.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,
      I just saw your posted reply, I have a scaled out scheme set up similar to what you have described, but I didn't think of using 999 for the trail frequency, instead I just use the number of tick that my next scale level is reach. Thanks for that tip. I will go modify my trail to use 999.

I have another question regarding to stop trigger. I have a SIM trade on SPY, and the stop order TIF is GTC, and the data series session is set to 'instrument default'. For some reason, 23 minutes after the close today, there must have been a price spike that triggered my stop and my trade was stopped out. How should I set up the order to avoid getting the stop triggered in after hours. Should I set the data series to use 'us equities RTH' Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

Hello smtraderca,

Thank you for your post.

The session template has no bearing on whether your order is filled or not, it controls what data is visible on the chart. If you choose to carry a position into post-market hours, you may want to use the 'Default 24/5' or 'Default 24/7' session template to view the post-market data on the chart and better manage your position. One thing that may decrease the chance of a fill due to a price spike is to set the stop further from the market so that the market has less of a chance to reach that price point, but that is more a matter of personal trading methodology and strategy rather than programming.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM