Chart Trader odd behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader odd behaviour

Sometimes If I open chart trader and then close Chart trader my charts have a black space where chart trader was - I can't get rid of it without having to cancel the chart and reopen a new one. then it behaves normally for a while. Any thoughts? Anyone else have this?

here is a pic of it

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2636262 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
        I re installed NT and it seemed to resolve the issue. On a separate note however some other behaviour that remains is on playback. I click GoTo a particular time. It goes there - I click play and it instantly reverts back to the beginning.
        I do it again and it works fine. Again it may only be my installation but the behaviour hasn't changed in 2 reloads so it may be something.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

It may be that the data is already loaded at the start of the day when you select GoTo- does the same occur if you press Play and Stop before using the GoTo feature as well?

I look forward to your reply.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco

Its very consistent - I have just got used to it. Only reporting it in case other users find the same.

Comment

Hello Mindset,

Thank you for your response.

So that I may attempt to reproduce the behavior on my end, would you please provide a step by step break down of the steps that you take which consistently result in the behavior that you are describing?
              Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure.
                Open Playback. Go to any date, right click on the play slider and Goto a time. It then goes to that time.. As soon as I press play it goes back to 12.00pm which is the start of that day. Repeat and it starts at the time selected.

Comment

Hello Mindset,

Thank you for your reply.

It is expected, when you use the 'Go To' feature or the slider, that the Playback Data will replay from the beginning at first because you are able to press play. This is because the chart is playing 'catch-up' to ensure that any strategies or orders are not lost when time adjustments are made.

Comment

I think you misunderstand. I go to 4pm. It duly cycles through until it gets to 4pm. I then press play and it goes to 12 pm at the start of recorded data.
                    do it again and it starts replay at 4pm like it should. Happens 90% of the time

Comment

Hello Mindset,

Thank you for your reply.

In the most recent releases of NinjaTrader 8, we've made changes to the Playback Connection functionality. We now include an option to 'Playback from Selected', which will eliminate the behavior that you are encountering. I'd recommend upgrading to the most current release. You may review the release notes at the link below;

Please let us know if we may assist you any futher.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ScottWalsh  
                      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes