Visual cue on chart that data feed is disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual cue on chart that data feed is disconnected

Is there an indicator I can put on the chart that will display when the chart's connection is disconnected? I need some kind of visual cue when the connection is lost.

I know that the circle LED changes but it doesn't do that if you have at least one connection connected

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your post.

We're not aware of a third party indicator like this that we could recommend you but will leave this post open so other community members can assist you with what they find.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

have you ever thought of maybe doing something like dimming the chart to indicate the data source has been lost ... on slow moving markets like treasuries , when you lose the connection, you might not think immediately that anything is out of the ordinary

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your reply.

As Platform Support we're not able to comment on items development has considered for addressing disconnection. However if you'd like I'd be happy to submit your chart dimming or notification option as a feature request to development on your behalf.

Please let me know if you would like me to do so.

Comment

yes please

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

There is already a Feature Request asking Development to look at this general concern - that being, I would describe, the Connection light can indicate to you (and thus falsely re-assure) that your connection is good.
              My experience of this was different to that of the #OP’s, but the issue is common: reporting good when not.
              my experience is of a poor quality connection reporting green. The effect was charts lagging several minutes, oblivious to this.
              Support were able to identify Slow connection reported in log and trace.
              #OP I use ChartLagTime indicator - it reports any discrepancy between PC chart and server time.
              Given that the Connection speed info is being monitored by Ninja, my suggestion to Ninja was that this be used to be more informative to the User than the traffic light circle that will show green with a connection that is reporting under the hood but not visible to the user, as slow, which is producing charts which appear to be real time but can be many seconds or minutes lagging behind the market (note in all other appearances they were real time I.e. not sluggish). And now per the #OP problems in multiple connection setup, falsely indicating all good
              Last edited by brucerobinson; 07-04-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for your patience.

Burce is correct there is an exiting feature request for this item that we've added your vote to.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3089. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Additionally you may be interested in this indicator from the User App Share:

The intent of this indicator is, when combined with IFTTT Share Service, to alert a NinjaTrader user when a critical system or network error occurs by sending a push notification (via IFTTT) to the user’s smartphone. Watchdog Alerts indicator will create alerts when the following NinjaTrader events happen: Connection Lost Disconnected from Service State = […]

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Hello #Heath,
                  Would you know if the User app Watchdogs Alerts will address the issue I detailed whereby a slow - rather than disconnected - connection causes charts that are lagging real-time? I suspect not from the description of conditions it detects - lost, disconnected, terminated. But if you *know* it would save me the time of installing and configuring to find it doesn’t.
                  Also, to me, a non-techie, it seems likely the add-on monitors the connection state for lost connection and sends an alert, yet Ninja is monitoring ‘more than that’ under the hood insofar as the ‘slow’ connection was reported in my log and trace file - so would it be possible for Ninja techs who produce Ninja add-ons to modify this user add-on to include monitoring for slow connection, not just the Connection Lost state? Ninja is already monitoring for slow connection and reporting it, it is however only reporting it to the log and trace, not ‘alerting’. The user add-on says it will report to the Alerts message window, the Share Service function is a nice feature for those running remote installations etc, but real-time on-screen is what I need whilst live trading. Seems to me the pieces are already there, just needs a Ninja coder to ‘re-purpose’? And offer it as a Ninja add-on.
                  Kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your reply.

We cannot customize nor provide updates to the scripts on the User App Share as those are provided as is. You may be able to reach out to the developer of that indicator directly to see if he can update that feature for you in the indicator.

Otherwise we'll need to wait for development to address this issue in a future update.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Christopher_R  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    166 responses
                    0 likes