Using alerts to place orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using alerts to place orders

I am trying to place orders using alerts combined with a horizontal line. For example, if I'm looking for longs and the price breaks the price level of my line, I need Ninja to place a limit order two ticks below my line. I know that I could use a bracket instead and a simulated order, but using a line with an alert is way faster for my strategy. Is there any way to accomplish this?
    Some time ago I did the same thing using market orders, but slippage was brutal and I don't like to use market orders anymore.
    The problem with alerts and limit orders is that under Actions/Submit an Order/Properties, it asks for "Limit Price" and the default is 1, and as I am constantly moving my line to different places I don’t know beforehand at what price it will be placed.
    Thank you!

Hello gtheaded,

Thanks for posting.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

In the meantime, you may be interested in looking into the Strategy Builder, where there is more flexibility for setting up this sort of automated task. I've included a link with more information below:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4076. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
      Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes