Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simulated Stock Trades with TD Ameritrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated Stock Trades with TD Ameritrade?

Hi, I've reached the limit of the automation that TD's Thinkorswim can do with studies, and I'm looking at NT8 as a way to pre-script stock trades with TD. Ideally, I'd like to make sure that I'm able to do what I want to do with NT8 and TD before committing to a live license. Is there a way to simulate trades with intra-day data for US stocks, before I buy?

Also, I just want to confirm that I can pre-script trades in pre-market and after-market with NT8 and TD. TD only allows limit orders outside of normal hours, so I want to confirm that I can have the script get current prices and place limit orders at those prices outside of regular market hours. Can I do this and use local OCO simulation with TD, in order to continue profit targets and stop-losses into extended hours?

Okay, so I was able to connect to TD as a data source for my simulation account. I didn't think I'd be able to connect to them without a live license. So it looks like that solves that. I'm still wondering about the types of orders I can place in extended hours. Does it have to be a limit order, as with Thinkorswim, and do I have to simulate OCO locally?

Edit: Connecting brought up a new question: When I connected, the message said that real-time TD data is "snapshot based." Can anyone explain what this means and what impact it has, relative to "non-snapshot based" data?
    Last edited by Seeker of Alpha; 07-04-2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Hello Seeker of Alpha,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to hear you were able to connect -- a live key will only be needed when ready for live trading. Our sales team can assist with key options or questions (PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Local OCO is not rquired. TD would be able to be verify the orders allowed during extended hours.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seeker Alpha:
        How did you get data from TD Ameritradei is that real Live Data or Historical Data ?

Comment

TD Ameritrade provides NinjaTrader with real-time and historical equities/indices data:

Comment

Sir:
            Costumer service , I have tried your lead already, I got connection on TD Ameritrade, what I need to know, is to see data on my
            chart with TD connection, which I don't have. You have not help me , I have been asking this from you almost 2 weeks now.
            Let other answer this question.

Comment

I subscribe to a demo to Ritmic RT Trader Pro, and they got a plug in. Their support told me that I could get in and get a data feed from them real time. Ninja support , direct me to rithmic connecion but I cannot see Ritmic RT Pro. How could I load Rithmic Trader Pro to my connection ?

Comment

Hello rene69851,

Thank you for your note.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage:
                Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                Jermaine S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes