Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Error message upon compilation after re-installing a backup

Hi,

Lately, I had trouble with my NinjaTrader.
    I am at the latest version of it.

Basically, when this trouble happen (4-5 days ago), I reinstall a back-up I had from June 16.
    When importing back my backup file, I had a message that it couldn't load my configuration file.

So what I did is I transform my backup file into a .zip file and copy the content into C:\document\NinjaTrader 8 folder.

After doing so,when I launch Ninja Trader, I got error message on the COT indicator when compiling in NinjaScriptEditor. See Photo.

I never touch this indicator before.In any case, this is a system indicator that I cannot touch.

When I remove the COT.cs file from the NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicator, I do not get the compilation error anymore.

But why I get those compilation error in the first place when the COT.cs file is there.

Regards
    Enrico

Hello SlickRick,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2637688- Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable '2637688 Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello SlickRick,

Thanks for your reply.

I see that your NinjaTrader 8 folder is saved in OneDrive. I recommend disabling the Documents folder from syncing with OneDrive to resolve. First, I would suggest making a copy of your Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder on your desktop to avoid losing any saved data.

Open the notification tray by clicking the up arrow button on the right side of the task-bar. Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the tray and select “Settings” from the popup menu.

On the “Microsoft OneDrive” dialog box, click the “Choose folders” tab.

On the “Choose folders” tab, click the “Choose folders” button.

The “Sync your OneDrive files to this PC” dialog box displays. To prevent the Documents folder from syncing to your PC, select the check box to the left of the folder name Documents so there is NO check mark in the box.

The first time you deselect a folder for syncing, the following dialog box displays telling you that the files and folders will stay on OneDrive but not on your PC. If they’re currently on your PC, they will be deleted. Click “OK” to close the dialog box.

Once you’ve deselected the folders you don’t want to sync, click “OK” to close the dialog box.

You are returned to the main “Settings” dialog box. Click “OK” to close the dialog box.

After the steps above are complete. You will need to download the platform here to reinstall.

I have included a publicly available link to help you overcome this issue.

Here is a publicly available link showing how to exclude individual folders from OneDrive:

http://www.howtogeek.com/222817/how-...in-windows-10/

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Shawn for the steps. It seems to be working

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo