Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto reconnect: IB-Gateway

Hi,
    Is there a way to configure NT8 8.0.22.2 to carry out auto reconnection to IB-Gateway? The behavor is similar to Kinetick: when there's a connection lost, the system tries to reconnect.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

It is a known situation where TWS will force a disconnection. Many users report that IB Gateway does not exhibit this behavior, so we may suggest using IB Gateway instead to keep the connection running.

NinjaTrader currently cannot automatically reconnect in the event of a broker side disconnection and also would not be able to automatically re-enable strategies. We are tracking interest in providing that sort of functionality in the feature request ticket ID SFT-2395. I have added a vote on your behalf. Note that these are internal tracking numbers and we cannot offer an ETA for implementation. You may check the Release Notes page of the Help Guide to see if a feature has been added in a new release of NinjaTrader which would satisfy the functionality requested here.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Using the ImmediatelySubmit Start Behavior will have the strategy attempt to match historical orders calculated when the strategy is enabled and processes historical data with the realtime orders it has submitted a previous time it was enabled. If the strategy matches the historically calculated orders with the live orders, the strategy will resume managing these orders. I recommend considering to use this start behavior when you want to have the strategy resume a previous position.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ediatelySubmit

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Marco,

pls read twice my subject line. I am talking about the IB-Gateway, not TWS.
      Also, please validate your claim before making any suggestions. I have been suggested to use IB-Gateway by your colleague(s) as a solution to the TWS daily auto logoff. I took a lot of efforts (system backups, different rollbacks) to install the IB-Gateway and found that, it does AUTO LOGOFF in the same way as the TWS!!! I wish I am wrong and in case if you REALLY know how to config IB-Gateway to run continuously for 1 week without logging off or restart, please provide the procedures. I would love to see it.

After some experiments, I found that IB-Gateway can do a login without user credentials. Now the ball is in the Ninjatrader's park as without the ability to auto reconnect, this IB-Gateway restart characteristics can no longer be exploitable.

This is why I ask Ninjatrader to provide auto reconnect for IB-Gateway.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and our apologies for the confusion about TWS versus IB Gateway.

That being said, what my colleague Marco mentioned is correct-- NinjaTrader currently cannot automatically reconnect in the event of a broker side disconnection and also would not be able to automatically re-enable strategies.

We have added your vote to SFT-2395, which would allow this automatic reconnection.

You may check the Release Notes page of the Help Guide to see if a feature has been added in a new release of NinjaTrader which would satisfy the functionality requested here.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

​​​
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How is SFT-2395 different from SFT-4924 in https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ausing-nj-disc ? If they're the same issue (looks that way), please combine the votes. Either way, add my vote to SFT-2395 also.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

SFT-4924 is IB Gateway specific, while SFT-2395 is a platform-wide request for any provider.

I have added your vote to SFT-2395.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I look forward to see this SFT-2395 implemented in the next iteration, asap, if not 5 years later.
              Please understand the necessity and urgency of the feature. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, timko.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                • Feasibility
                • Developer bandwidth
                • Current projects in the queue
                • Economics
                You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Any progress on SFT 4294 / 2395? Add my votes - THE most frustrating problem with NT, and for those of us that trade large accounts completely inconceivable why this has not been fixed. My IB Advisor account cannot reconnect upon the daily mandatory restart.

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Thanks for your post.

There is not update on this item at this time. I'll add your vote to these Feature Requests.

Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Please add my vote to SFT-2395 as well. It's difficult for us to go live.
                      Thanks,

Comment

Hello,

I have added a vote to this on your behalf, thank you for the feedback.
                        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Please add my vote for this request - which seems to be extremely usefull and important.

Now i wish to test your setup written below NinjaTrader_Marco - where i restart IB - and reconnect all - and reactivates strategies - to see how it matches the existing orders.

So is there a way to do that with simulated environment? - as far as i remember i can use a "sim" account on the IB also - but will that work "similar"?

Then another question - is there a way to have some alarm go off that will send sms or similar - when it looses connection to IB?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
                          Using the ImmediatelySubmit Start Behavior will have the strategy attempt to match historical orders calculated when the strategy is enabled and processes historical data with the realtime orders it has submitted a previous time it was enabled. If the strategy matches the historically calculated orders with the live orders, the strategy will resume managing these orders. I recommend considering to use this start behavior when you want to have the strategy resume a previous position.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ediatelySubmit

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

This is very confusing. It is mentioned in other posts that NT is able to reconnect to IBG. Here NT is saying that it is not possible
                            What is the current status?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your posts.

klaus, It is a known situation where TWS will force a disconnection. Many users report that IB Gateway does not exhibit this behavior, so we may suggest using IB Gateway instead to keep the connection running.

NinjaTrader currently cannot automatically reconnect in the event of a broker side disconnection and also would not be able to automatically re-enable strategies.

There is no further update at this time.

KartsenKafl, There is not a method to send an email via the platform Alert settings regarding a disconnect at this time. However, it may be possible to create a custom indicator to accomplish this.

If you're a programmer yourself, let me know and I can have our NinjaScript team follow up.

Regarding strategies, the simulator is designed to behave the same ways as a live account in such instances.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes