Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Marco

But - I am using IB gateway?

Do i need to upgrade ninja trader? - to avoid the acutomatic disabling of strategies?

Is there any forum post or similar that explains how to keep it allive when the IB Gatway is forced to restart?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

This should not occur with the supported version of IB Gateway:If using this version and you still have issues, I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2638831 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok I have version 978

So is it fixed after that version?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the supported version and you will want to use 981.3c moving forward as this is the supported version of IB Gateway to be used with NinjaTrader and should prevent such unwanted functionality from occuring.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
            Hello,

Thanks for your posts.

klaus, It is a known situation where TWS will force a disconnection. Many users report that IB Gateway does not exhibit this behavior, so we may suggest using IB Gateway instead to keep the connection running.

NinjaTrader currently cannot automatically reconnect in the event of a broker side disconnection and also would not be able to automatically re-enable strategies.

There is no further update at this time.

KartsenKafl, There is not a method to send an email via the platform Alert settings regarding a disconnect at this time. However, it may be possible to create a custom indicator to accomplish this.

If you're a programmer yourself, let me know and I can have our NinjaScript team follow up.

Regarding strategies, the simulator is designed to behave the same ways as a live account in such instances.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Marco,
            I did refer to IBG (IB Gateway) as you can see on my post.
            There are/were many issues with IBG and NT and NT does not treat the connection as it should be.
            Is the reconnect issue with IBG (latest version) solved now?
            Thanks,
            Klaus

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the supported version and you will want to use 981.3c moving forward as this is the supported version of IB Gateway to be used with NinjaTrader and should prevent such unwanted functionality from occurring.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

klaus, i think i bear the moral responsibility to post you a reply as i was the one who started this thread. when you hear an indirect answer, that means your question is dodged.
                i lost more than 6k real money because of the bug in the *supported* version. if u want to experiment with the *supported* version, do it in a sim account. yes, because it is supported. the connection problem surely will come some day and you will be nicely invited to submit your logs and trace because, once again, it is *supported*. then u may need to wait. for this issue, it has been lingering for 2 years.
                i am not blaming the NT support guys. they are nice people but their mileage is limited. my only suggestion is, be watchful when the price action becomes violent. good luck.
                ps. i use the 978 and the latest 24.3. top tier hardware, clean os, optical connection.
                ​​​

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We would be unable to assist with speculative items- if using the supported version as outlined in the Connection Guide ends up not working as expected, we can work on a solution to that issue. If it is not working due to using an unsupported version, this would be the first troubleshooter to resolve the issue.

Having said that, IB Gateway does not need to be restarted once a day like the Trader Workstation, so it can stay up and running 24 hours over 24 but nevertheless the IB Gateway is as well affected by the restart of their servers which happens once a day according to the schedule mentioned in this publicly available page:
                  https://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...?ib_entity=llc

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                  Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes