correct amount in strategy alamizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correct amount in strategy alamizer

Hello, I am analyzing a strategy and I do not get the correct amount in the strategy analyzer, I have searched to correct it and I cannot find it, I would be grateful if you could indicate where I can measure it.

Attachment file marked cinb a red box of what I want to modify.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello corman,

Thanks for your post.

The screenshot shows you have placed the red box around Total and Net profit. The values are sums of the long and short trade Total and Net profits and the value appears correctly added.

That said, there is no means to modify the results shown in the display. You do have the option to right mouse and export the table to a spreadsheet that you can modify as you wish.

In looking at the values I note that they are extremely small and I wonder if this is the issue? If so then the answer here would be to increase the strategy order quantity to a value more suitable for the Forex instrument you are using. By default, the strategy may be placing an order for 1 unit and in forex you might want to use 1000, 10,000, or 100,000.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You said:

In looking at the values I note that they are extremely small and I wonder if this is the issue? If so then the answer here would be to increase the strategy order quantity to a value more suitable for the Forex instrument you are using. By default, the strategy may be placing an order for 1 unit and in forex you might want to use 1000, 10,000, or 100,000.

I would like to know how this can be changed so that the correct values are in the strategy analyzer.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello corman,

Thanks for your reply.

There are two approaches:

1) Change the order quantity directly in the strategy.

2) In the strategy analyzer, change the "Set order quantity" field from "Strategy" to "Default quantity", when switched a new field called "Default Quantity" will show where you can specify the units to apply to each entry. (Note: This can also be done when applying the strategy to a chart).

Comment

Hello, I continue to have the same error, the truth is that in no system I have been able to carry out any operation.
          I have done the modifications that you indicate in amount with 1, 10,000 and 100,000 and it does not work either.
          I have also modified the Risk option.

Attached file with screenshots

Thanks for the help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Corman,

Thanks for your reply.

It is not clear if you are saying that the initial query of using the strategy analyzer was resolved or not. In the latest post, you appear to be asking about live trading.

To cover both cases I've created a short video that covers:
            1) Creating a risk template
            2) Applying the template to a specific account (sim102 in this case)
            3) Testing a strategy on live data and showing how to change the default quantity from 1 to 10000, and no errors based on risk template
            4) testing a strategy in the strategy analyzer to show how to change the default quantity from 1 to 10000

Please recreate it on your end and test.

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for your help, I tell you the following:

- In Chart Trader I can already trade.
              - With the strategy analyzer it works correctly, the problem is when I put it to trade that it does not open the positions.

I have done everything you tell me and I continue with the problem. I attach the screenshots.

Thanks for your help.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello corman,

Thanks for your reply.

Please test using the SampleMACrossover on a live chart and advise if running that strategy on EURUSD with the SIM102 performs with any errors. This is to isolate if the issue is with your settings or with your strategy.

Comment

Hello again, I continue to have the same problem, I attach the screenshots with the errors.

Thank you
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello corman,

Thanks for your reply.

In your earlier post, you mentioned using Sim102 with a risk template and the strategy analyzer screenshot shows you are using sim101.

I would suggest applying the risk template to all your sim accounts if you have not already done so to avoid any confusion. Please make sure you restart NinjaTrader after applying the risk template to your sim account(s) and retest with the sampleMACrossover.

Comment

Hi Paul, let me tell you that with sampleMACrossover the strategy works correctly.

I do my strategies with the strategy builder, it allows me to do the analysis with the strategy analyzer, it also allows me to activate the strategy in the chart, marking the entries, but when it has to open a new operation the system closes and gives the commented error.

This topic has me totally stopped, I can not activate any of the strategies, I attach one so that if you are so kind you can take a look and help me.

Thanks again.

Hola Paul, comentarte que con sampleMACrossover la estrategia funciona correctamente.

Yo hago mis estrategias con el constructor de estrategias, me deja hacer el análisis con el analizador de estrategias, también me deja activar la estrategia en el chart, marcándose las entradas, pero cuando tiene que abrir una nueva operación el sistema se cierra y da el error comentado.

Este tema me tiene totalmente parado, no puedo activar ninguna de las estrategias, te adjunto una para que si ere tan amable le des un vistazo y me ayudes.

Gracias de nuevo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello corman,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot import the attached strategy as it does not contain the custom indicator LpadLaggingDeviationV1.

Just looking at the code, I do not see any significant errors.

The strategy includes a print statement, when you run the strategy do you see the print output? Print(Convert.ToString(CurrentBars[0]) + @" DentrodelIntervalo");

What is the specific error message you are seeing with this specific strategy in the Log tab of the control center?

Comment

Paul, thanks for being patient with me.

I have overridden the statement of impesion (Convert.ToString (CurrentBars [0]) + @ "WithinInterval"); but the error persists. Attached is the screenshot.

As I have mentioned, it happens to me in all the strategies that I have, I attach a system and error display of a volume strategy.

The strategies work with the strategy analyzer, they are activated when the system starts up, but when it gives the signal to enter the market, it does not enter and the system stops.

Thanks again.

Paul, gracias por la paciencia conmigo.

He anulado la declarcion de impesion (Convert.ToString (CurrentBars [0]) + @ "DentrodelIntervalo"); pero el error persiste. Adjunto el pantallazo.

Como te he comentado me pasa en todas las estrategias que tengo, adjunto sistema y pantallado de errores de una estrategia de volumen.

Las estategias funcionan con el analizador de estragegais, se activan cuando se pone en marcha el sistema, pero cuando da la señal para entar a mercado, no entra y se paraliza la sistema.

Gracias de nuevo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello corman,

Thanks for your reply.

I suspect this issue continues to relate to the risk template.

Looking at the error messages in one case it says exceed the maximum position of 10000 and in the other, it says exceed the maximum position of 100000.

When you apply the strategy, are you specifying what the default quantity is? If so what values are you using?

In your risk template, what have you set for your max order size and max position size for the EURUSD instrument?

Comment

Hi Paul, thank you for your patience and your help.

I have removed the NT8 and re-installed it, it already works correctly.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                              1 response
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              3 responses