ChartTrader grayed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartTrader grayed out

Sometimes the charttrader gets grayed out. It was working before, but then i switched to a daily chart and back to 5m and now it is grayed out. I think this is a bug?

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for writing in.

The only reason that these options would be greyed out is that your license key is not enabled to use the Chart Trader.

To confirm that your license key is enabled to use the Chart Trader please contact our Platform Sales team. They can be reached at [email protected].

Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

Comment

My license is enabled. It works on some charts and doesn't work on others. Both are equities.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please tell me the username for your account connection and what instruments you are loading?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I'm using TD Ameritrade for stocks, and CQG for futures. I have SPY, WMT, BA symbols loaded. The first time I open the chart, it seems to load charttrader for stocks, then if i switch stocks it gets grayed out

Comment

Hello habibalex,

If I understand you correctly the instrument selector inside of the Chart Trader gets grayed out because it is tied to the instrument being loaded inside of the chart.

If I am incorrect please send me a screenshot of what is getting greyed out.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

I've already attached a screenshot in my first message

Comment

Hello habibalex,

My apologies, if these options are grayed out that means they are unavailable to you because of the current license key that you have.

To make changes to your license key you will need to get in contact with our Platform Sales team. Because they deal with all license key issues.

They can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Tabor, please see my current screenshot. It is enabled here. The problem is that it randomly becomes disabled. Can you let me know if you're understanding my problem?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

If these options are randomly becoming disbaled then NinjaTrader may have issues connecting to the licensing servers. Do you have any antivirus/firewall application on your computer?

These may be the applications preventing NinjaTrader from connecting. I would try to add NinjaTrader to the exceptions of any antivirus or firewall applications that you have on your computer.

If you do not know how to add exceptions to these applications I would either contact their support or visit their website for instructions.

Comment

I don't have a antivirus/firewall other than the basic windows one

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for writing in.

To allow NinjaTrader through the Windows Firewall please follow the steps below:
                        • Using the Windows search function (Windows key on keyboard or magnifying glass/search bar in Windows Taskbar
                        • Search for "firewall"
                        • Select "Firewall & network protection"
                        • Select "Allow an app through firewall"
                        • Scroll to 'NinjaTrader 8'
                        • If NinjaTrader is not checked for every options avaialble, select 'Change settings' and enable every option for all NinjaTrader options you see (There may be multiple even though you only have one NinjaTrader application installed)

Comment

Ninjatrader is enabled to go through the firewall

Comment

Hello habibalex,

I would like to schedule a remote session with you - I just need a few things from you before our remote session.

Please write into [email protected] and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2641750 ATTN Tabor.
                            Please include a time window where I can connect with you (please include a time zone). Our regular support hours are 8:30 am to 6 pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.
                            • Shortly before our remote session, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.
                            I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I saw a guy on youtube the other day that enable this instrument greyed out with some steps, I'm searching for the video but I can't find it, im happy to share it when i found it but i need the same answer, thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sam2515