Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies not executing trades

Hi,
    My strategies quit working on realtime testing as of last night. I even tested on a friend's Ninjatrader with same results. When I check to enable the strategy, it shows historical execution on the chart but no trades execute or show once checked (please see screenshot). My strategy is green in the console. I checked my trading hours settings and they all look good.
    Thanks for any guidance.

Hello sciman,

Thank you for your post.

Do you see any errors related to the strategy in the Log tab of the Control Center?

The first thing I would recommend would be to turn on the Order Trace function:

Strategy Builder > Default Properties > More Properties > Trace Orders, or:

if (State == State.SetDefaults)
    {
    TraceOrders = true;
    }

Once you then recompile the strategy, you can open a new NinjaScript Output window under New > NinjaScript Output. This will print a log of any orders submitted by the strategy during while it's running, along with any ignored orders. You can then look through and see what may be occurring.

Here is a link to our help guide that goes into more detail on tracing orders:

Trace orders alone may not give you the full picture of whether or not a trade should have been entered on a given bar, so adding prints to your strategy that will show in the NinjaScript Output window, with information on what the variables you're using for your conditions are on a particular bar, can be helpful.

This forum post goes into great detail on how to use prints to help figure out where issues may stem from — this should get you going in the correct direction. You can even add these using the Strategy Builder.

If you run into issues like we saw here, the above information will allow you to print out all values used in the condition in question that may be evaluating differently. With the printout information you can assess what is different between the two.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Waxavi
    by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
    0 responses