Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Instrument catalog file parsing

Hi,

only this week starting trading sessions Monday morning I received the following error. Never had this with the same strategies and setup running. No changes on my part made over the weekend.

"Error on requesting bar series: 'instrument catalog file parsing failed. Tag 'timeframe' does not contain attribute 'start-date' or its content is empty.'"

SetUp: live trading, FXCM
    Data still incoming.

Should I contact my data provider or is there anything I could do/check before this?

Thanks, Georg.

I suspect this is occurring due to a lack of historical data on your charts. The weekend introduces one day (Saturday) on which there is no data. If your indicators/strategies require a certain amount of data, your chart's days to load property may not be set to a large enough number to provide that data.

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

What is the days to load on your chart set to? To check, right-click on your chart > Data series... > What is 'Days to load' set to?

Also, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2649866 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

After further research, unfortunately, it looks as though FXCM servers are experiencing a historical data outage at this time.

If you go to Connections->Configure from the Control Center and select your configured FXCM account, please check the box next to 'Use NinjaTrader Historical Data Server'. Next, disconnect and reconnect. This should allow you to load Forex instruments without error.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post mathewlo  
      Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Perr0Grande