Metadata file not found (NinjaTrader8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metadata file not found (NinjaTrader8)

I get the following error in NinjaScript Editor when running compile in the Indicators: NinjaScript File --> "None" ; Error "Metadata file 'C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\NinjaTrader8\bin \Custom\EminiPlayZones.dll' could not be found ; Code CS0006.

I'm trying to put NinjaTrader8 back together after my PC crashed. I didn't have a NT backup (lesson learned), so reinstalled NT8 and copied previous folders that I did have backed up.
    Where can I remove this "metadata reference?" I've already removed the particular indicator .dll and .cs files. Thank you

Hello norsky54,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post.

This occurs when NinjaTrader is referencing a file that it cannot find. To resolve this error;
    1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
    2. Locate and select the reference to the .dll file mentioned in the Error.
    3. Click "Delete" to remove the reference.
    4. Click "OK" and recompile.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zachary. Looks like another error has appeared. "An assembly with the same simple name 'EPI_ZoneFromFile, Version=1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null has already been imported. Try removing one of the refererences or sign tem to enable side-by-side. Any ideas how to do this?

Comment

Or, I can reinstall NT8. I would like to keep my chart templates. It appears the big problem when I first re-installed is OneDrive somehow inserted itself and mucked up my config. I'm removing OneDrive and reset my Desktop.

Comment

Hello norsky54,

Thank you for your response.

Good catch with OneDrive. Since we are running into a few additional items, I'd like to take a deeper look at your installation of NinjaTrader by reviewing your log and trace files.
          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
          • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
          • Put ATTN Zachary - 2650656 in the subject line of the email
          Additionally, include a screenshot of the error you are receiving as an attachment.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 07-13-2020, 04:00 PM.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Zachary, Since my last message and your response, I re-installed NT8 while moving aside the previous ..\documents\NinjaTrader8. The errors are now eliminated.
            Now my challenge is to rebuild the working environment I previously had before my PC crash. Thank you for your assistance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton