No Live Data displaying on charts. Just continuously loading all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Live Data displaying on charts. Just continuously loading all the time

My NT8 had a hiccup last night and now no charts finish loading to display the chart. I have checked my real time data on my providers charts and I am getting real time data and NT8 connection shows it connected though nothing comes up. Help please

Hello Saiton,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2651520" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Having similar problems. Started a couple days ago when inadvertently put the computer in "sleep" mode while NT8 was still running. I have gotten it almost cleaned up by selectively deleting data files from cache, minutes, days. Real time and tick data has not been affected, which is good, because that's what I use NT8 for, but would be nice to occasionally pull up a couple days of minutes bars. It is as if NT8 once denied is not able to issue another request for days/minutes data on the same instrument. It goes through all the motions, brings up the chart, says it is loading. With Forex.com the fix is to delete the chart, then close NT8, then go to the db folder and manually remove the affected historical data (or lack of data). Then restart NT8, rebuild the chart. With brokers like IB and now TDAmeritrade this is problematic due to their historical data throttling. Also note that occasionally it will recover if I close and reopen the data connection. Sometimes when I do that the entire screen of data is immediately sprayed, as though NT8 had the data but was not delivering it to the chart. Peculiar behavior, to say the least. Seems like an NT8 issue, but hard to say for certain given all the gyrations of IB and TDAmeritrade lately.
      Last edited by jvanelli; 07-15-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Hello Jvanelli,

Thank you for the note and sharing your experience with this symptom.

If you would like us to investigate the symptom you are experiencing specifically, please write in to PlatformSUpport[at]NinjaTrader.com so we may further assist you.

We look forward to being of further assistance.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This seems to be an issue peculiar to the IB Gateway. I notice that upon connection to IB Gateway the NT Positions window often does not calculate PnL for several of my positions, and that those are the symbols that will not load data into any chart. However, real time data is present for those symbols and will display in an Order Ticket window, or DOM, or whatever. But it will not render to a chart, not even a tick chart. However, if I then launch TWS and connect with NT8 the Positions window does calculate PnL for all the symbols and they do render to charts. Note that I only use NT8 with tick data from IB, tick data from Forex.com, and the EoD data from Kinetick.

Comment

Hello all again. I haven't sent the NT8 log to Ninja Trader as yet as I didnt want to bother them if i feel it was an IB issue. If I sent the log to Ninja Trader, could you tell that it is being throttled back by looking at the log? After reading through each of your posts I have a feeling about this. It particularly happened when I was running a Market analyzer of the entire NYSE symbols in 1 go. That scan never finished (stopped approx 50% through). I also have a feeling like some of you have noted, that IB is throttling the speed or amount of data it allows in 1 go , so it can control loads to their servers. I think it is throttled back and if you use a big chunk in 1 go, then its slowed way down as a penalty for a couple of days. Anyone know of a Data provider that does not limit the data like so?
            Last edited by SAITON; 07-19-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

If you sent us your diagnostic files we would certainly have more clues as to what is happening. That being said, it is entirely possible Interactive Brokers is throttling your data, as they have very strict market data limits.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
              Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB is definitely throttling, which they acknowledge, particularly as regards historical data requests. IB also have limits on the number of tickers that can be opened simultaneously. NT seems to handle the limitation on number of tickers by promptly closing inactive requests, keeping open only those tickers required to feed charts and so forth. Note also that IB counts a ticker only once per instrument, even if multiple instances exist for the same instrument in multiple charts and/or from multiple API users.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Sam2515