This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed feed when compared to another platform using the same data source

incredible!!!! S&P500. 2 accounts with different brokers. One runs with Sierra Chart, the other with NT8. Both have the same data feed. Both CQG Level 2. With NT8 I have up to 7 seconds !!!!! Delay or up to 5 points price difference !!! I shot it on video because I couldn't believe it. For me it looks like massive fraud! I would be interested to know what the NT support says about it.

Hello Matts7,

Thank you for your note.

Generally delays in data as your seeing would be related to a performance issue with NinjaTrader. We've had many people report that with the higher volatility the markets have had this year that they have experienced performance issues, particularly when using indicators that calculate based on tick data or that may pull in additional data series than the series on the chart.

Reducing the number of charts and indicators you are using can be very beneficial during such times. Indicators that have cumulative values, such as the Cumulative Delta, also can become significant memory users when volatility is very high.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes (I recommend about 5 minutes) then send me a screenshot of it's contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    To further diagnose your system, please try to start the platform in Safe Mode. This will help us tell if the issue is due to the NinjaTrader installation itself, or due to third party add-ons.
    Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.
    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once in safe mode, you will only see the Control Center. Please manually connect to your data feed and try to open a chart. Do you receive data on this chart? If you open a Time and Sales window next to it, do the prices change at the same time?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate, thanks for your answer. I will try out your suggestions and make the charts as minimalistic as necessary. I hope it will improve, but it is still a shame that NT is not competitive because other platforms can handle it without any problems. Have a nice day...

Comment

Matts7, I had quite a bit of chart lag after the open today too. Some discussions on the issue are here.

Comment

Thank you Lancer!

Comment

Customer service can't help it. Still, it is questionable to look elsewhere for the error, and blaming either the performance of the computer or any indicators is pathetic. Obviously it is a programming error on NT because other platforms will not have the problem if they are running on the same computer. Apparently NT doesn't care because the problem has been around for a long time now. Had I known about it, I would not have gone to NT. If I compare the price update on SC with NT, it is as if there is a Ferrari on one side and a used mid-range car on the other. You can see it with the eye, even if there is no fast market.
            But yes, i love NT and it could be such a great platform ... if only ...
            But as a customer, you can no longer accept that. In the medium term, it is a bankruptcy declaration. No offense. Too bad.

Comment

Hello Matts7,

Thank you for your reply.

I have not received answers for any of my questions for you from my initial post. We would be more than happy to help you pinpoint what may be causing the issue. We would want to see a screenshot of your Utilization monitor and know what the results you got when starting in safe mode to go further into what may be occurring.

It's worth noting that if you have custom third party scripts that these can have a real affect on NinjaTrader's functionality.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#all
                If you follow #Lancer's link to the extensive history on this issue you will find a post/thread of mine where I created a workspace with one single chart and nothing else - and still had lag. So under volatile conditions the bare platform with one instrument and nothing else can lag. So how about addressing that #Ninjatrader, instead of all the obfuscation. Bare Ninja - behemoth PC, lag. Sierra doesn't. Simple.
                Now we've got the real issue firmly out in the open, what is Ninja doing about it?

Comment

hi brucerobinson, i don't know what NT will do (probably everything will stay the same ???) but i know what i have already done! I deleted my account immediately, because under these circumstances it is impossible to trade NT profitably. happy weekend to all...

Comment

p.s. but I will continue to watch it. If something happens at ninja and the problem is solved, I will be a customer again as quickly as I left.

Comment

Hello everyone,

We stand behind our response that performance related issues are explainable and can be worked out by taking a scientific approach to eliminate what is used in your workspace and to also ensure that other resource intensive applications are not running on your PC.

Each case is going to be unique and it will not be helpful to rope all unique performance related issues together. We should also note that charts update visually on a 250ms interval. You won't see visual updates on a chart for each change in price when there is higher volatility. Charts have complex drawings and this is done for performance reasons. Updating all renderings with each tick/price change is extremely impactful which is why the charts update on this interval. If you want to look at bleeding edge price action, we suggest using a Time and Sales window or the SuperDOM window.

We want to work with you so your specific case is understood. If more direct assistance is needed, please open a ticket over email at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com to work more closely with a technician. We will be happy to demonstrate testing blank workspaces and demonstrate using the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor.

We can also offer to take a copy of your workspace and return a version without 3rd party components to help quickly identify if the issue due to custom components, or if it is related to general set up. This can help narrow down what is causing the performance impact for your specific case.

These matters will really best be handled individually and given the direction this thread has taken, I will be closing the thread.

If your performance related inquiry is not resolved, please work with us further over email. If you have questions that you would like to direct to me, please email us and include the text "Attn Jim" and a link to this thread.

We look forward to assisting.
                      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post cls71
                      by cls71