NT8 won't even open on a Windows 7 machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 won't even open on a Windows 7 machine

I was running NinjaTrader 8 nicely in my Lenovo Edge Windows 7 64 bit. Then restarted the laptop to factory settings because I like it fast.

Then when installing and running NinjaTrader 8 it wont even open and shows an error saying it stoped working and that windows is looking for a solution (while on the splash screen while checking license). I have the dot net 4.5 and service pack 1 installed. It should run nice as before, but it wont even open. What can I do? :'(

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	970
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	1109562

Hello voltation,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2653626" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi, Im having the same problem. I can run Ninjatrader 7 perfectly but after I install Ninjatrader 8 when I try to open NT8....I have windows 7
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3942.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	853.6 KB
ID:	1109645
      Attached Files

Comment

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and therefore is no longer supported by NinjaTrader. The ultimate solution here will likely be to update to a support operating system (ideally Windows 10).

With that said, we may be able to provide a temporary workaround until you're able to update your operating system. The original author of this post does not appear to have written in and this symptom has many different root causes. We'll need more specific information about your NinjaTrader and your PC to proceed. Please follow the steps outlined by Chris in Post #2:

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2653626" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

I wrote :-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kempotrader  
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
          0 responses