Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicators seem to be running in background but not loaded onto an active chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators seem to be running in background but not loaded onto an active chart.

Hello,

I have a new workspace and new chart with ES but with no indicators attached, yet I hear an alert from one of my paid for installed indicators. When I then attach this indicator to that chart it displays the signal where in time, it triggered the sound alert.

In the main log, I can see that NT8 displays that the indicator vendor assembly is loaded then NT8 restores my other workspace's including the one that has that indicator installed. The Alert log show the alert also.

Is is a case that all restored Workspace's are actually running in the background and all indicators and if so, how do I stop these all from loading until I load that particular workspace and indicator that I want?

Jed
    Last edited by JedBrowne; 07-15-2020, 09:26 AM.

Hello JedBrowne,

Thank you for your post.

Any workspace with a gray box next to it in the workspaces menu is open and updating information, yes. You can simply close your workspaces in the background, which should avoid the alert going off after you've closed them - just hover over the workspace name and click close, making sure you save the current workspace when you do.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kate, that fixed it. Now I understand how to use workspaces properly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred