Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Shows Future Values When Scrolling

Dear Support,

Is it possible to hide (not to show) future values of a custom indicator or arrow signals when scrolling the chart, as seen in the attached picture? If so, how?

Many thanks.

Attached Files

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your note.

I'm unfamiliar with the particular indicator you're using - would you be able to clarify what it is? If it's a custom indicator it may simply be programmed to plot forward in time intentionally and would require modification to not plot those additional signals.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your note.

I'm unfamiliar with the particular indicator you're using - would you be able to clarify what it is? If it's a custom indicator it may simply be programmed to plot forward in time intentionally and would require modification to not plot those additional signals.

Hi Kate,

This issue is not unique to this indicator, any custom indicator that plots signals (i.e. Arrows, Triangles, etc.) has the same issue.

Just drop on a chart the D3SpotterV3 indicator from your APPs then scroll to the left to March 27. You will see signals plotted ahead of the bars. See attached figure.

How do you stop showing future signal when scroll to left?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not able to replicate this using the D3SpotterV3 using default settings - what are your settings for the chart and indicator for the above screenshot? What is the right margin setting for the chart?

Comment

Hello aligator,

I'm not able to replicate this using the D3SpotterV3 using default settings - what are your settings for the chart and indicator for the above screenshot? What is the right margin setting for the chart?

Hi Kate,

Regardless of my settings just do this please:

1. Plot any simple chart, any time frame (i.e. 15 min EURUSD, SPY, etc.) and set the right side margin to 300 to 400
          2. Attach the D3SpotterV3 (or any other indicator that generates and plots signals (Arrows, etc.) on the chart)
          3. Look for D3SpotterV3 signals and scroll to the left until the plotted signal falls into the right side margin ahead of the last bar, as shown in SPY daily chart with 300 margin in Post #3

The point is, if there are not any bars plotted in the right side margin the indicator signals should not plot in the right side margin when scrolling to the left. How to prevent that?

Thanks.
          Last edited by aligator; 07-17-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Hello aligator,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing and this is intentional. The margin property on a chart is for the margin of bar slots. Drawing object are drawn at 'exact' time/price coordinates not subject to margin which should match NT7 behavior.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to consider drawing objects and plots when processing charts' Right-Side Margin property. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-685.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hello aligator,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing and this is intentional. The margin property on a chart is for the margin of bar slots. Drawing object are drawn at 'exact' time/price coordinates not subject to margin which should match NT7 behavior.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to consider drawing objects and plots when processing charts' Right-Side Margin property. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-685.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
              Hi Kate,

Thank you for reply. But I do not understand your logic of "this is intentional". Why intentional? I assume the purpose of allowing a margin is to provide an unclutter area for the user. Drawing objects should appear only with associated bars as chart is scrolled.

It is useful to scroll back a chart to see certain signals as they are being developed, more like a PlayBack chart (except without the tedious playback data and process) to confirm the signal logic.. However, in this case the signals are already in the margin area ahead of the bar progression.

Default indicators do not progress into the margin area, scroll or not. So why the drawing objects do? Hopefully, implementation of sensible improvements can be accomplished regardless of a Vote by all.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes