Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing stop loss line doesn't show up on chart

Hello,

I have chart trader opened along with my strategy running, but no trailing stop loss line is being displayed. How do I fix this? I have attached a picture of the trailing stop properties from my strategy. Please let me know. Thank you

Hello domking,
    Thank you for the question.

The reason you are not seeing the Trailing Stop Loss line is that you have it set 200 Million ticks away from the entry price. It is very unlikely that you will be able to see that on a chart as you would have to scale the window down extremely far.

If you could explain in as much detail with text how you would like your ATM Strategy and Trailing stop to work, we could help create the parameters you are looking for.

As well, you may always watch over these publicly available videos as they will go over ATM Strategies and their various features in-depth.

- ATM 201: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHo-oFlbfg&t=41s
    - ATM 301: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9y-j64X1U&t=895s

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I see. What is the difference between the stop loss box and the trail stop loss box? I would just like a trailing stop of 10 ticks behind my entry price.

Comment

Also its exiting my position too quickly.

Comment

Hello domking,
          Thank you for the update.

Those look like custom properties in the strategy. Their names seem like they should reflect what they are supposed to do, but you would need to check the source code or consult with a developer to get a firm answer.

For reference, you can open up the Sample multi-instrument or Sample multi-timeframe strategies to see which properties are NinjaTrader ones or are custom ones.

If you have questions about NinjaTrader's properties, our NinjaScripting team would be able to help with those.

If it is a custom property, we wouldn't know how the custom properties are configured and those questions would go to a developer or you would check the source code yourself.
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes