Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to keep my realized PnL from rolling over in the middle of the trading day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep my realized PnL from rolling over in the middle of the trading day.

I spend some time looking, but didn't even know what to search for.

At noon each day my realized PnL rolls over and clears out so the second half of the trading day is on a different day(?). I'd like to figure out how to fix this so it's easier to keep track of earnings.

Hello goodwillpower,

The PnL on your ChartTrader and SuperDOM would be directly based on the trading hour template/session hours being used.

E.g. if you are using the "CME US Index Futures ETH" template, which is the default for most of the big US Futures, the day would start at 5 PM and end at 4 PM Central the following day, at which point the PnL would then reset to zero for the next session.

To change this, you may change the trading hour template that applies. Please note; Changing the template could lead to you not receiving data during hours the instrument is active.

If you are uncertain, please let me know which instrument you are referring to, I would be happy to dig into this further!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manfred,

Hope you're having a great day. That is what I believed is what was happening. I am trading on the CL and the QM.

I really appreciate your help on this, I've been trying to figure it out for a while.

Comment

Hello goodwillpower,

The CL and QM would both trade on the "Nymex Metals Energy ETH", which has the following trading hours:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nymex.png
Views:	178
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	1110097

As each session goes from 6:00 PM to 5:00 PM the following day, your PnL would then also be for this session and reset once the new session begins at 6:00 PM Eastern.

If you ever want to know the default trading hour template for any of the instruments, please click on Tools > Instruments and search for the instrument in question.

You may find the list of trading hour templates under Tools > Trading Hours.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend, please let me know if you have any further questions!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dude, you absolutely rock. Thanks for the help Manfred. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse