How to set 24x7 by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set 24x7 by default

As the title suggests I would like to know how to set time frame trading hours to 24x7 by default so that every time I open a chart I can see the pre-market price action without having to do it manually. Is this possible? It would save time and hassle. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. To accomplish this, you may go to Tools > Instruments window. Select any instrument you use and change the Trading Hours setting to Default 24/7 so it will be used for the instrument every time it is opened. Repeat for each instrument you use.

You may also set the preset settings for each chart type you use. To do this, right click on a chart > select Data Series. Change the Trading Hours settings, then select the lower right open for "preset > save" > repeat for each chart type you use. Note that in testing on my end, this setting is not working in the current version - I will report on our end so it is addressed, but using the top method should work in the meantime.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been changing the setting to 24/7 for pretty much everything , that is the problem, I want to be able to open up a chart for a morning gapper pre-market with 24x7 by default. When I'm going through 5 - 10 charts looking for opportunities I don't want to waste valuable time resetting to 24x7 for every chart I open

I have tried the second way you mentioned but that did not work.

Thanks for the reply. I have subscribed to this thread.

Comment

Hello mrbeanbag,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried the first method Eric suggested of changing the default trading hours on a per instrument basis in the instrument editor?

Below is a link with more information about how to use the Instruments window:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I can change the default hours on a per instrument basis , but that is the problem I am trying to solve. I don't want to have to do it all day long every time I open a new chart. I want to set 24x7 for all instruments so that I never have to do it one-by-one again.

Comment

Once the default trading hours are set per instrument, this will be applied every time you open a chart for that instrument, since charts use the instrument's trading hour settings by default. Below is a link with more information about trading hours:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reviving this: I guess the question is, when I pick a stock ticker for the first time, the default trading hours is not 24x7. I have to go in and change that. Yes, after I have changed it, it remains. But the first time I select a new ticker that I have not selected before, is there a way for it to default to different trading hours so I don't have to go in and change it, even once?

Thankx

Comment

Hello MisterTee,

Thanks for your note.

To accomplish this, you would need to set the default Trading Hours template to 'Default 24x7' for that specific instrument in the Instruments window.

Go to Tools > Instruments to open the Instruments window. Search for the instrument you want to change the default trading hours for and select it. Then, change the 'Trading Hours' drop-down menu to 'Default 24x7' and click OK.

You would need to repeat this for any instruments that you would like to change the default trading hours of.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...GeneralSection

Let me know if I may assist further.
                Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses