Memory usage questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory usage questions

i found some post from 2015-2016 about memory issues with Strategy usage. The memory usages continues to build and build throughout the day until you finally freeze up or crash. I have had this issues over the last week. So after 5 years is there a solution, the old post discuss .NET not releasing the memory hogging items

Hello DTSSTS,

I went ahead and moved this to its own thread as this did not seem to relate to where you originally posted.

The issue you are describing can be caused by a lot of items, this generally relates specifically to the situation at hand which often includes a script that is causing the issue. There is not one solution that would cover this topic that I can provide, most likely the situation would need to be debugged by testing the workspace or items you use to see what is accumulating memory.

The platform will not force delete objects so if you have scripts scripts that are doing something which is inherently bad or will consume resources continuously then C# will allow for that and will eventually cause a problem.

You may be able to use the Output window -> Right click -> Utilization monitor to check if something is behaving poorly however that is not specifically going to say what is using the most memory or adding to the memory.

You can try to rebuild the workspace to check if that aids in resolving the problem, if not that will help to confirm the set of items required to see the issue. Once that test is complete and depending on the outcome you could further reduce the workspace as needed until you find the problem.

If this is something that just recently started I would suggest to look at what you have recently done in the platform such as adding new items, new templates etc.. If anything new has been added or changed that could be the source of the problem and would be suggested to look at that area first.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes