Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 behind corporate proxy?

Hi,

I am trying to get NT8 to connect from inside my company's corporate network, which means it needs to have the correct proxy settings. I have already tried changing the settings in the config file (c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.exe.config) as follows:

<defaultProxy>
    <proxy usesystemdefault="True" />
    </defaultProxy>

This doesn't allow me to set a specific proxy address and port though (eg something like "http://<address>:<port>", which I have done sucessfully for other applications on my pc. Do you have any idea whether this can be done, and if so, how?

Hello michielvdm,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaTrader can be set up to utilize your PC proxy settings. Please follow these steps to accomplish this:
    • Browse to the below folder or folders depending on your usage:
      • If you use the 32-bit version of NinjaTrader: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin
      • If you use the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64
    • Open the file ‘NinjaTrader.exe.config’ using Notepad.
    • Replace the word “False” with “True”.
    • Save the file.
    • Restart NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Heath,

That is exactly what I tried, but unfortunately that is not working. I tried both True and False, and restarted the application every time I changed the settings. Is there any way to set a specific proxy address, like I asked in my previous post?

Comment

Hello michielvdm,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately there is no way to force a specific server for a proxy connection. The settings information we provided are the only changes you can make on the platform side. You'll need to work with your Corporate IT team to ensure exceptions have been added to the firewall for any NinjaTrader connections.

Please feel free to write in if you need any additional assistance.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the information in this thread. This is just what I was looking for all around the Internet today.
          I have just installed a home-based proxy server from https://speedproxies.net/isp-proxies and want to find out how to connect NinjaTrader to the Internet using it. This might not be an easy task, but I need to figure it out. I almost have no choice because I have to use a proxy. I will not be able to use the Internet without it. So, I have to figure that out. Now I understand that it might not be so easy. But still, this has to be done.
          Maybe you have some other suggestions? I am not a professional, but I want to figure everything out.
          Last edited by MarcoPoloG; 04-25-2022, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I'm facing the same issue right now. I dunno what I should do. I'm trying to connect from inside my company's corporate network. But nothing works.

Comment

Hello MarcelStephens,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

It is quite possible that your corporate network blocks NinjaTrader's domain, or does not allow access to CQG's servers.

Please reach out to your IT Department directly, as they would be able to assess this further.

If you need any assistance, e.g. if your IT Department requires the ports and IP addresses to allow, please send us a brief email at support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, mentioning the brokerages or providers you are trying to connect to, our team could then send you this specific information.

Of course, please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Has anyone figured this out yet?? I can connect to my tradovate account but when trying to login to my data feed (NinjaTrader Continuum) it just simply wont work. I cant believe it 2023 and this hasnt been fixed or addressed given how many people use proxies!

Comment

Hello Tburg10,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

If one connection succeeds but another fails it could also be specific connection settings causing this.

Could you send me your log & trace files? I'd like to take a look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your message!​
                  Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

try sockcap64

Comment

Originally posted by zzeric View Post
                      try sockcap64
                      Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the portable version but it says it needs to be ran in Admin mode, which I've done, and it still doesn't work. Nothing can be easy can it? Lol.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll have to pay for Proxifier (which does the job). Too bad NT won't fix this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by zzeric View Post
                          try sockcap64
                          Finally, Sockcap64 is working!! Thank you soooooo much for this suggestion. Not quite as robust as Proxifier, but it works and its Free! To get it to work, you have to right click the .exe file and go to Properties and check the box for "Run as administrator". It will not work any other way (for me anyway). I hope this helps someone else or maybe NT can use this as their answer. I will try to update every thread concerning this so people will know that their is an easy fix out there. If anyone want to ask a question, they can send me an email to [email protected].

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                          10 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post traderqz  
                          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse